SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Latest: the 2020 meeting has been cancelled, and the 2021 meeting will be organized on May 29 and 30, 2021.

Same theme, rules and regs.

The date of December 5-6, 2020 is now official for the Bordo International Vintage Slot Racing meeting.

Because of the coronavirus, we cancelled the meeting in July as too risky and pushed it back to December!!!

Same theme, rules and regs!

ignore the following discussion, unless you're really bored...

BORDEAUX_2020_NEW_Poster.jpg

Hi guys,

Just talked to Samy, and after the brouhaha of last year, because of meeting date, we wanted to check with you all.

For the moment, the provisional date is June 6 & 7, 2020.

Attention, this is not yet the definitive date, but we wanted to know if it was okay with as many of you as possible, especially because there are many other events on the calendar now, both for slots and for regular life (and Bordo is proving to be a very active city).

Let us know... and looking forward to seeing your Open Wheels!

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Don,

We found date changed last year due to some problems. So Bordo had coincidence with another slot meeting we were inscripted in France. We can see some other usual attendants to Bordo in the inscription page of the other event.

Unfortunately for the organization, we decided to cancel such event and go to Bordo. Organization reaction was so ugly that confirmed it was a good decision.

I'm so sorry for them, but no other meetings has the relevance that Bordo has....and the friends we can meet there...

We will ever try to attend Bordo.

·
John Roche
4,156 Posts
Hi Don,

I'm hoping to come next year. I won't book until nearer the time as it'll depend on my health. So far I've got nothing planned for June art all so these dates should be fine.

Cheers

John

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
I'm guessing Don that you have done some research and there is nothing else on that weekend

I just tried to book the hotel and prices are normal, but it is still very early and something could crop up,

but I guess the hotel would know this and already upped it's prices. So should be good we hope.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wine festival is later weekend in June. Don't see any rugby or football that weekend. Robot convention is later weekend in June, so no geeks, nerds, and dweebs around, just us "normal" people!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well I have just checked the Ibis Meriadeck and the Ibis Styles and there are no rooms available for that weekend.....there are in the Ibis Budget but the only ones on offer are non refundable rates at the moment.

Any suggestions for alternative hotels Don if you stick with these dates?

Mark

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We'll contact the hotels first to see what's going on - that's almost a year ahead, and Samy said he checked French dates and there was nothing special!

Don't panic... yet!

Don

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Well I have just checked the Ibis Meriadeck and the Ibis Styles and there are no rooms available for that weekend.....there are in the Ibis Budget but the only ones on offer are non refundable rates at the moment.

Any suggestions for alternative hotels Don if you stick with these dates?

Mark
Appart'City Bordeaux Centre
36, Rue du General de Larminat.

It's 10 to 15 minutes walk, further up the road from the Ibis hotels... opposite the old cemetery! Good prices, fully equipped apartments that can be shared.

Richard

·
Gordon Steadman
6,880 Posts
It's just the first three weeks of June that is high priced and not offering cancellation of any kind - Ibis budget. All other dates are offering the usual services. Perhaps they know something we don't!

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
Mark, I checked yesterday and rooms at the Ibis Meriadek were available at normal prices.

THought I may have made a mistake so just checked again, still available at normal prices, not sure how you got different.

Attachments

·
Gordon Steadman
6,880 Posts
On the whole, I prefer the prices I'm getting - for the one night admittedly! However, those three weeks are not offering the usual discounts for non cancelling like usual.

I'm not sure where I will be next June so won't risk booking yet. Might have to sleep in the car
smile.png

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Phil,
Yes, there are rooms at the Ibis Budget next door to our regular hotel, but the rooms are much smaller and more basic. If you try the Ibis where we normally stay and Novotel next door (both Acor hotels now) there were no rooms when I looked.

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
World veterans table tennis championships 8-14th June 2020 so probably not that but it could be if they get there early for training.

But then the hotel is ok from Sunday night onward it is only Thursday, Friday and Saturday that it is booked.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts