SlotForum banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Kitbasher
Joined
·
4,247 Posts
I have it penciled into my diary as an escape from the UK...

If I can, I will because I don't fancy the chances of Bordo' in late May, nor indeed my planned trip to Monaco GP.Starting to think that 2022 might be the most likely.

Bu$$er!

EDIT

Just took a look at the Times headline.

France joining the RED list.

Foreign Travel banned until 30th June.

Bu$$er Bugg€r Bu$$er
 

·
John Roche
Joined
·
4,156 Posts
As I understand the classes posted on Facebook I have cars near enough ready to go for most of them. I could decide to pop over to Conolens at the last minute if conditions allow.

i won't hold my breath though.

Cheers,

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
John, it's an easy run down from e.g. Dieppe via Newhaven. In the days when we could travel that was my preferred route. Trans Manche via DFDS have proper motorbike front wheel holders, tie down the back carefully and their prices are good. A socialist like you should appreciate that the Departement of Seine-Martime set up Trans Manche to keep the route going and avoid the near monopoly of Dover, and actually bought Newhaven harbour!
 

·
John Roche
Joined
·
4,156 Posts
Thanks Richard, I usually use the tunnel as I prefer riding to sitting on a boat but the Dieppe crossing would make a change and give me some different roads to ride. I haven't used that crossing for years.

Cheers,

John
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Hi guys,

Talked to Samy a few days ago: the meeting is still on as of now, with all the precautions the Bordo club had planned last year (wood track only, alternate lanes, etc.) and we will wait as long as possible before making a final decision. Sorry, but it will be a bit of a last-minute thing.

We're still hoping that the situation improves significantly in the coming weeks.

At worst, it will be a national get-together, and at best, well, Bordo! And there's always December.

We'll keep you informed of course.

Don
 

·
Gordon Steadman
Joined
·
6,880 Posts
Rats!

I for one, being a selfish bugger, was hoping it would be delayed again. I can't make it as we are moving house around that weekend.

This is because I have two very rapid cars for this meeting
mad.gif
That's apart from the fact that I made four of each scale just in case!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Nothing definitive yet Gordon - really depends on how the situation evolves over the next few weeks.

And you can run the cars in December in a pinch!

Don
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
I hadn't heard that about restaurants Joel, are you sure?

In any case, lots of takeout places, and I assume the 7pm curfew will be removed by then - along with the 10km limit on travel inside France!

I do believe there's an exception for vintage slot car races however...

Don
 

·
John Roche
Joined
·
4,156 Posts
For me nothing has changed. If it goes ahead I will weigh up the situation nearer the time and decide. If it's December it'll be too late in the year to risk riding down so I'll hope to see you all next year.

Cheers,

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Don, I guess you didn't watch the French evening news yesterday!

Macron is addressing the country today, formalising what Gordon posted. If slot car clubs are regarded as sports clubs then that should mean reopening from 19 May; We shall see.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
I never watch the evening news, heard it this morning on the radio. Outdoor dining was already in the cards, we can't organize the usual dinner of course.

Well, slot racing is a sport-hobby, and an international one too!

Don
 

·
Phil Smith
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
I cannot see any of this happening in France, you had over 30K new cases yesterday and Macron reckons France will open up by that soon.!

You will just get another wave if you open up too soon and be in a very bad way.

Would be ok if the vaccine roll out was quicker, only 9% of the population done compared to well over 50% in the UK and we are getting about 2k cases a day and are on the same timeline.
 

·
Kitbasher
Joined
·
4,247 Posts
I am afraid it is with great regret that I withdraw my entry to the May Bordo' meeting.

France is clearly a shambles in terms of infection rates and vaccination rates and the chances of it being safe by late may?????

And if it is not safe, then I won't go.

I have very sadly cancelled the whole of my May holiday in France, including Nice/Monaco GP.

If, as I believe that you will, the club cancels the May event and posponed it to later this year then hopefully I will feel safe enough to attend.

Otherwise 'bon chance Mon Amies'

See you next year?

Just off now to have my second jab.

unsure.png
 

·
Gordon Steadman
Joined
·
6,880 Posts
Sadly, the only sensible decision in the circumstances. It ain't gonna be an International meeting this year unless it's put off until December again and even then, who knows?

Second jab for Ronnie this afternoon and mine sometime next month.
 

·
John Roche
Joined
·
4,156 Posts
I'd got myself confused (easily done). I thiught this was moved to September but that's the other meeting. May's definitely out, I'm haveing knee replacement surgery tomorrow so it'll be al least 6 weeks before I can even go for a shoort ride.

See you all next year

Cheers

John
 
261 - 280 of 317 Posts
Top