SlotForum banner

281 - 300 of 317 Posts

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Samy is in contact with the Bordo authorities to make sure it can go ahead. We will have the same strict health and safety measures as announced for last December, before that was cancelled. And with the two rooms, there will be 400 square meters of space...

The club is also considering postponing it a couple weeks; that would have been the usual date, but there was the huge Bordeaux wine show, which has now been cancelled.

Stay tuned...

Don

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Hi guys,

The 2021 Bordo International Vintage Slot Car Meeting is now officially set for

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, JUNE 19-20, 2021

The conditions will be more or less the same as announced for last December, and we will be sending official info within a couple days. If you don't receive anything and want an invitation/info, contact me or Samy. Not sure what conditions are or will be for crossing borders at that date, but hopefully it will be possible for at least some of you.

Just a couple things to note: remember that the club will have 400 square meters of space, and it's unlikely we will have more than 30 to 40 participants, if that. We will only be racing on the wood track, since there is more space around it, and on alternate lanes, 4 at a time. The Concours will be judged by a limited jury of 4, not all the drivers. No group dinner on Saturday of course, but outside dining at local restaurants is possible and there's alway take-out. No hanging out at the bar either...

Perhaps not ideal, but under the circumstances as good as we can do. The club also has approval from the city.

Hope to see you there,

Don

·
Gordon Steadman
6,880 Posts
I have just received official permission from the powers that be
banana.gif

It will mean that we will have had a couple of weeks to settle into the new house. As Don says, hopefully, inter departmental travel will be allowed by then.

Just need to figure how the hell to get there now! Don't really fancy driving down from Normandy, even in the A6, so it may have to be the train into Paris and then down to Bordeaux.

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Sounds good Gordon - I usually leave on Friday at some point, late morning or early afternoon, so you're welcome to say here if you come through Paris...

No test track unfortunately...

Don

·
Gordon Steadman
6,880 Posts
Sounds good Gordon - I usually leave on Friday at some point, late morning or early afternoon, so you're welcome to say here if you come through Paris...

No test track unfortunately...

Don
Sounds great! I could get to you on Thursday afternoon perhaps.

I doubt very much that I will have a working track either. Although we are taking the bits of the old one with us, it appears there are a few items on the priority list. Y'know, kitchens, bathrooms that sort of stuff.

There were a few bits that broke anyway when I dismantled it so I can't just fix it together temporarily unless i arrange jumps of some kind!

The cars will just have to do their best as they are!

·
Gordon Steadman
6,880 Posts
Having just spent hours and hours looking at train times.......

..........the saturday and sunday are in fact the 19th and 20th June! A double check required!!

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
I really, really, wish it would be possible, but I doubt there will be permitted (without testing, quarantine etc) travel to France by then.

and that's without the new Indian variant looming, we could all be back in total lockdown by then!

Next year maybe, just maybe.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This would really be a very last minute decision.....BA are not even offering any flights at the moment, so it would be a road trip only. I think Phil may be right....too many hurdles for the Brits to make it this year, but I have not rejected it just yet!

Mark

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Yep, that's what we're figuring Mark, even here it may be a last minute decision for some. The numbers are looking better, but on May 19 France opens up partially, and then we'll see which way the wind blows. But the view will be from a comfortable sidewalk seat at our local café.

In any case, we're going to have a race!

Don

·
Slot King
2,606 Posts
Traveling from/to the UK currently involves 4 PCR tests.

1 going out for the French authorities (£99 from Boots)

3 returning!

1 test before travel (free in France with your EHIC card)

2 tests after returning to the UK (between £150 and £300 depending on the lab you use)

This even applies to NZ where COVID is virtually non existent. A bit of an overkill considering how casual they were last year.

Annoyingly this might still be the case in September for the Champagne Mouton meeting.

Joel

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just read that current plans are to allow US passport holders into France starting 9 June. That doesn't leave much time to confirm, but I'll be watching. Current travel between Chicago and Bordeaux isn't that expensive, as long I get creative and travel only with a backpack.

Already have a scan of my vaccination card in my phone, and would carry the card if necessary. Also watching to see if an "international registry" is set up where I can apply, or if that is what world governments are setting up behind the scenes.

Would for sure miss the English contingent if I am allowed to attend, but I'll take lots of pictures, and send lots of texts, and perhaps even set up Facetime calls or Zoom meetings to share the time at the club, and Irish Bar, and Arch Cafe, and ...

Fingers crossed!

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Guys,

Just sent out the letter and guidelines to all the usual suspects - if you didn't receive anything and want info, just contact me. Rules & regs are same as sent our last year, but I can send those again too.

Sounds like it won't be easy, but we're trying!

Cheers,

Don

281 - 300 of 317 Posts