1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Administrator
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Samy and I talked the other day and confirmed the theme for 2022:

2 and 4-door sedans, to 1982

We've also confirmed the dates: June 4 & 5, 2022.

That opens it up beyond the traditional Nascar category, to include Trans-Am and other sedans. And we decided to extend the usual closing date to 1982. That's already 40 years ago, so guess it's vintage too, even if we don't want to admit it.

As usual, ask if you have any questions. That will help us refine the theme as well.

Hopefully invitations will go out in January and by then we'll have a better idea of the actual dates, depending on the Bordeaux hotel scene in June 2022 - the city has become so popular for conventions, etc. in June that hotels are often reserved well ahead of time, so we'll have to check that out.

Hope to see you there!

Don & Samy

PS: here's the poster, hot off the presses, and out great thanks to Nicolas, our graphic artiste!

Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Font Poster Musical instrument

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Up to 1982... interesting. At this time of the morning I can't think of significant developments in the extra decade, but it opens up the field on bodies. Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Administrator
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, saloons are where you go to drink whiskey with your gun-toting buddies...

Why can't everybody speak real English?

More seriously, "sedans" from the old sedan chairs, I assume, but why "saloons" in British?

Maybe we'll just call them "Berlines" and have done with it.

Don

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
When you say 'to 1982' is that for the bodyshell and the running gear remains as pre '72 or are we expecting a rash of late 70s/early 80s angle winder chassis?

Sounds great either way, I like 'tin tops' whatever you call them :)

·
Administrator
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We just clarified that Peter: basically running gear remains pre-72, but you can use plastic/home type slot cars up to 82, if there are any in that category; ie, basically, if Scalex or Carrera made saloons up to 82 they would be eligible. Don't really know those cars so well, so does that sound workable?
Don

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
Yes, that sounds OK Don, a plastic Carrera or Scalextric is not going to give a decent brass or Dynamic Chassis too much trouble...

1 - 20 of 172 Posts