SlotForum banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Thanks Joel - I've seen your projects so figured you were coming.

Gee, and I thought Bordo was the anally retentive one... Anyway, Roncole is a very enjoyable track and I'm going without too many illusions.

Don

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
Roncole is different to Bordo'.
the accent on 'originality' is a little strange when you find it is OK to substitute a Rikochet MK1 for an FT16 but not a 270S for a 26D, a little odd.....
But I personally like the track and like that it is different, may the two competitions continue to flourish :)

Joel, I take it that whatever objections there were to the Cit SM have now been overcome? Just as much a saloon as Camaro or a Capri in my view, not that my view matters :)

Don, what are you going to do when one of us turns up with a 3D print? Eek!

See you all soon...

·
Eddie Grice
2,374 Posts
I'll be at Bordo', cadged a lift in Phils car this year to avoid airport/airline problems. Just finished this chassis for the Hornby Camaro white kit. Hopefully will end up looking like the Alan Green Trans Am car.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

I'll also be at Roncole travelling with Phil & Peter. Disjointed journey this time due to hotel availability and BA pushing our flight time back.
Eddie

·
Phil Smith
2,693 Posts
"OK to substitute a Rikochet MK1 for an FT16 but not a 270S for a 26D"

That is easy Peter, the Rikochet and a FT16 are basically the same design of motor, you could even interchange most of the parts.
But the 270s is a completely different beast to a 26D, It is smaller for a start and I do not believe any parts are interchangeable.
Would be the same as saying a 26D would be a substitute to replace a 36D.

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
It's not that so much Phil, but the fact that they allow rewinds that seems odd to me... in fact, the Rikochet has totally different brush gear, even if it's the same size as a 16D.

Don

·
Slot King
3,167 Posts
Don, what are you going to do when one of us turns up with a 3D print? Eek!
Why would anyone want to 3D print? They need a lot of finishing work to look decent and the shape of the cars is often very approximate.
Was there a car you had in mind?

Joel

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
Not particularly Joel, they are becoming so commonplace I wonder how long it will be before one appears...

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
"OK to substitute a Rikochet MK1 for an FT16 but not a 270S for a 26D"

That is easy Peter, the Rikochet and a FT16 are basically the same design of motor, you could even interchange most of the parts.
But the 270s is a completely different beast to a 26D, It is smaller for a start and I do not believe any parts are interchangeable.
Would be the same as saying a 26D would be a substitute to replace a 36D.
FT 16 and the Riko could not be more different but I take your point on the 270S/26D question.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Off to the Sarthe as usual for the LM week in June, I'm surprised, been going since 1984, that a French club hasn't teamed with Carrera or Scalextric to have a large tent, or one of those retail spaces under the stands on the main straight, to push the hobby.

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Hi guys,

Another reminder for our Anglo-Saxons: if you haven't already confirmed for the group dinner on Saturday evening, please let me and/or Samy know, so he can make the reservation.

We'll be doing it at the Ibis hotel again: not really a haute cuisine dinner, but the room is nice and it's the most practical.

We're also going to try an auction again, but limited to interesting objects please!

Cheers,
Don

121 - 140 of 169 Posts