SlotForum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
Ok, I am ready, first time ever this early. The reason is I am travelling to France on Monday and I didn't want to have anything to do to the cars there.
The big Citroen is done, it works OK but weighs an interesting 205g! Having said that, the Cord weighs 195g and that was reasonably fast.
Up top
Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car Hood

Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

Under
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

On to the small Citroen, previously used in 2015.
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Bumper Hood Motor vehicle Trunk

Back 1/24th
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

Tamiya chassis, now fitted with a 270s.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1/32nd back up is another DS, previously used in 2019.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Joel

PS: Post might turn out a bit strange, the Forum software is a bit flaky this morning.

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
HELP!
I am building a 1/25th Fred Lorenzen/LaFayette 1965 Ford Galaxy #28 for the Bordo' vintage meeting.

The AMT shell is nice but after the 5th different decal collapsed into mush coming out of the water I have given up.

Does anyone have a set of the decals for this Ford in 1/24th or 1/25th that they could scan and send me a PFD/Word Doc etc???
I need to finish the beast for Tuesday evening as Phil Smith is kindly transporting my kit to Bordo' and I am dropping my racing box off on Wednesday Morning so no time to simply buy a new set of decals.

Oh and if you ask me why I did not scan the original decals (as I usually do) before using them? Brain Fade!

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
I have managed a kluge to get by so thanks all for looking.

Next time I WILL scan in the decals before using them!

·
John Roche
4,300 Posts
Glad you're sorted Peter.

I remember taking decals and a bottle of clear down to Bordeaux in the past and applying them in a hotel room.

Cheers,

John

·
Administrator
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
It would be an interesting contest to see who performs the most last-minute work...

Seems that I've seen Samy blowing on decals to dry them with the Concours judging about to start...

But the best was a 12 hour enduro for Parma International 32 cars I entered with some more experienced drivers about 20 years ago. I figured I was with a real seasoned group and the car would be prepared to the nines... but a couple hours before the start, Fred C walked in with a paper bag, spilled all the parts on a table and said, ok, I'll assemble the chassis - Don, you know how to paint a Lexan body, right?

And no, we didn't win...

Don

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
One of the most fun races I have done was in a Tamiya Cup RC event.
Here is your Tamiya RC kit. when you have built it you can start racing.....
Great Fun, perhaps we should do it with Slot.it kits or even Parma Womps...

:)

161 - 169 of 169 Posts