SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Kitbasher
4,699 Posts
So sorry to see the destruction caused by wildfires in the Bordeaux region.
Hilary and I had a lovely few days at Bicarosse before going on to Bordeaux for the 2022 Vintage meeting.
Stay safe folks!

· Registered
2,809 Posts
Likewise I really feel for the locals,those tinder dry conditions are a nightmare, although I've never visited to race we usually have a couple of interesting days in Bordeaux when holidaying in Royan, wife particularly likes Galleries Lafayette for some reason, hope it's under control soon.

· Gordon Steadman
7,187 Posts
Must be a nightmare.

We live next door to an unoccupied property and the grass is overgrown and tinder dry. Just a small spark would set it off and we would be under threat along with the framer's field full of corn and the pine trees that run around the edge.

Watching the fires makes you wonder how on earth you would cope with that on your doorstep.

· Registered
69 Posts
Hi Don, Put me on the list please.
Porsche 906, Porsche 904, Ford GT40 or Cobras are cars I like very much. So I have a big, big choice.
I assume I have to paint the car in an original livery (as it has raced in one of this 4 races) and I'am not allowed to use for example a Ken Miles version.;)
Best regards, Stan who is a huge fan of Ken Miles

· Administrator
11,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Stan,

Not mandatory, but a good original livery should get you more Concours points. Of course, if you like Ken, go with it! Didn't he run in any of the 1000 km races?

Don't forget to send me your details in a PM so we can really put you on the list!

Don

· Registered
69 Posts

· Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Stan and Don, that's what I like about 'Bordo', the research about who ran, what and when... and whether it has been modelled. Must get cracking so I can get a trial run in the French National Vintage in December.

Richard.

· Kitbasher
4,699 Posts
Where can I find details of the French National in December? I went a few years ago and really enjoyed it…

· Kitbasher
4,699 Posts
Thanks Don, sorry to hear that Sam has problems, give him my regards when you speak…

· Kitbasher
4,699 Posts
Hope you can make it John, long time no see.

Don PLEASE don't change the dates, just booked my flights as well as my hotel so see you next June if not before.

Reactions: vfr750

· Gordon Steadman
7,187 Posts
In spite of living in the worst village in France for easy access, I'm hoping to make it next year. December is doubtful as I suspect they will allow silicones again and that's an automatic no for me. Not that I have a thing about them or anything.

· Kitbasher
4,699 Posts
In spite of living in the worst village in France for easy access, I'm hoping to make it next year. December is doubtful as I suspect they will allow silicones again and that's an automatic no for me. Not that I have a thing about them or anything.
Same here Gus, Silicones, partly responsible for killing slots back when... See you in June.

· Premium Member
1,222 Posts
It would be good to see some cars with a Ralph Parker connection running, in memory. For the Festival Didier Dupuis (ex-French National Vintage) in December I must finish a 'Yank Tank' bought from Ralph. I ran out of time with it for the Saloons International this past summer.

Richard

· Administrator
11,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Chacun son goût, eh?

Silicones are not the instruments of the devil, and they certainly didn't contribute to the collapse of commercial slot racing, since they were already out of fashion by the time the collapse came.

That said, we are better off in June without silicones, since it seems to level the playing field. December is a more open meeting, and I don't remember seeing any particular traction problems then, as opposed to June. But I understand if you don't want to come... It should be fun anyway!

Cheers,
Don

21 - 40 of 62 Posts