SlotForum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Brittany ferries is the best route for you to get here easily and quickly from France, but it can be a very expensive route dependant on the time of year. The prices this summer are way up as I expect they are trying to recover some of their losses in the past 18 months. Hopefully they will come back to a normal level next year. There are usually cheaper packages in early spring and autumn....we will have to consider the timing of the next event!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A follow up post to close out this thread for now. As a thank you to me for hosting the race my fellow Bordo Refugees clubbed together to buy me a gift through Phil Smith's vintage emporium. I had mentioned that I was hoping to attend the Confolens Vintage meeting in September which has a class for box standard Revell cars, which I did not have. I was very pleasantly surprised by the arrival of a Ferrari 250 GTO boxed kit which I have now finished and hopefully looks something like Innes Ireland's winning car from the 1962 Goodwood TT. A few pics below....thank you all once again gents, it was very generous of you! Hopefully it will hit the track in September.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Spot on! I remember watching this car being raced. You have captured it perfectly.

I have a bog standard one in my "to do" box and was wondering what to do with it. Now I know - you have home competition!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Excellent Keith....Martin also has a kit to build, so that will be three. Bring it on!

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
See the car and you here in September then Mark! I expect you know there's a separate thread in 'Events' for the Confolens Classic at Champagne Mouton.

Although sports clubs in France, for example, were allowed to re-open from Wednesday this week that does not appear to include the likes of slot car clubs. We expect to be able to get back first to the Green Monster at Champagne Mouton because the room is enormous; I've heard a figure of 250 square metres. Our original clubroom with its scenic Carrera track in Confolens itself will come later because it's smaller.

A bientot...

Richard

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks Richard.

Yes I had seen the Confolens event thread and your club FB page. I had assumed that both tracks were in the same room....you are very lucky to have two locations on your doorstep. Rent must be cheap there!

Fingers crossed for restrictions being relaxed by the end of September.

Mark

·
Kitbasher
4,247 Posts
Fab job Mark, the only change I would make is some thinned down matt black into the spokes and then wiped off before it dries, leaves the spokes nice and shiny with a matt black between the spokes. But really it just looks ace. Now where did I put that new Revell Bodyset?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks Peter...I think I will give the spokes trick a try.
Just seen your mail and post under Confolens...I will try and make a booking too.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Thanks Richard.

Yes I had seen the Confolens event thread and your club FB page. I had assumed that both tracks were in the same room....you are very lucky to have two locations on your doorstep. Rent must be cheap there!

Fingers crossed for restrictions being relaxed by the end of September.

Mark
Not only is rent cheap, we're actually under the wing of the two communes. When we were in Confolens only the annual sub. was 30€, 50€ now we have two venues. No race fees :)

·
Kitbasher
4,247 Posts
Not only is rent cheap, we're actually under the wing of the two communes. When we were in Confolens only the annual sub. was 30€, 50€ now we have two venues. No race fees :)
Lucky bu$$ers!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts