SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well What can i say what an awsome last 2 weeks and also very busy.

After leaving slot rally a very happy chap me and my lad went home to play with our new toys that we had just got. But then later on that night the excitement didn't stop their at 1230 the wife went into labour and gave birth to our 3rd child which was a little girl so after a nakering weekend went in to work on the monday and got me my two wk leave so i could help out at home
"what their is only so much you can do before you get board as the baby sleeps all day".

About 2 months ago i seen Zipps box mountain and pm him and asked him if he minded me making a copy he was only to happy to help and well i know why what a ball ache it was to achieve the slop from hitting each other but after a day and i mean a complete day of fanny around with different size wood sports to achieve the hight we got their i was almost ready to throw the towel in.

its not exactly the same as zipps as i have added some half straights and i have also laid my scenery out different.

"Size" When i seen the pics on the forum i thougt yeah thats not to big i will have that as my set up in the front room WRONG when i started i measured how much i would need for run off etc etc and it was a stagering 2 meters long by 2 feet deep and a further 2 feet high. I know it dosent sound much but when you see it you think feck that ain't going in the house well that what her indoors said any way i was more than happy to sacrifice the kitchen table for a few months but she want to keen.

Well i bet your thinking come on Nik show me the pics well their was a cock up with the cam so i could only take pics to day and i have done all the track raising so their is just the plaster n paris going down so hear it is.

Bicycle Motor vehicle Wheel Wood Hood

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Water Tread

Wood Automotive exterior Hood Pattern Windshield

Well thats all i got done so far as i have just ran out of plaster n paris but i have ordered some more from medisave and should be hear Tuesday.

Cost

well this project was not cheap as i used sport track for the whole set up it cost me just short of £90 for all the curves and short straights as i only had normal bends and half and full straights. i have also spent a further £10 on the new scally barries.
As for the box i built the wood also cost around £60
Chicken wire cost £20 for a 10 mtr role.

well fellas you will have to wait untill next wk for another update as on scenery.

if any one has got any coulors or technics they would like to share for the scenery i would love to hear them as i have only done a few small scenic track sets before.

WELL A BIG THANX TO ZIPP FOR SHARING HIS TRACK LAYOUT TO ME
and zipp if i ever meet you i would love to buy you a beer.

The track is so much fun to drive got a lap of 6.1 so far.

thanks for looking Remember coments always welcome.

Best regards Nik

Attachments

·
David J
3,182 Posts
I know what you mean about fannying about...

I helped Zipp on the original Box Mountain and was convinced his crazy hair-brained idea would never work.

I was happy to be proven wrong and the result was very impressive - that much track and height in such a small area and it was fun to drive.

Hope you have as much fun with B.M.2

DJ

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mike the sizes are on their.

but hear they are again length is 2 meters by 2foot deep and a further 2 foot high track length not sure as i dont have any of that software but it must be at a gues anly about 11 mtrs i will get some sftware and get back to you hold thata space.

Cheers Nik

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well fellas i have been very busy putting down the plaster n paris 12rolls to be precise and their is still more needed well here are some pics but they aren't brilliant and i will start painting soon so watch this space.

i just get side tracked by racing round it all day!!!!!!!

Wood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Art

Wood Coffin Comfort Automotive lighting Hardwood

Hood Bookcase Wood Shelf Automotive exterior

A truly awsome track but it takes up the whole living room nearly but who cares LOL

regards nik

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well folks its been a while and with all the testing and adjusting that needed
doing is done and so i started to paint the scenery and here a few pics of what i have achieved so far take a look and pls i love comments good or bad their is always room for improvement so lets have some critisasem

Water resources Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle Urban design
Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior Asphalt
Urban design Asphalt Plant Landscape Road surface
Green Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Wood
Bookcase Urban design Shelf Art Landscape
Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Asphalt
Bookcase Urban design Shelf Art Landscape

well thats it i hope you all enjoy looking as much as i do racing round it.
best regards nik

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mat thats sounds like a great idea i will definitely do some thing their as it does let it down a bit like i said i have run out of ideas and am up for any comments to stop me from rallying round and get back down to working on it again.

cheers best get out the chicken wire and mod rock.

regards nik

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Mabye have some dirt sprayed across the track? that would just mean some cocoa powder and some PVA,

Cover hazard lines in thin PVA, Dont vacuum yet, leave it loose, run a car around the inside lane and the spray PVA to fix the scattered Cocoa in place, should work well, then mod rock a pile of dirt right were the barrier ends, so it looks like its been dumped.

Infact maybe make the whole corner kind of a dirt effect, would look quite good, and use the loose method to make it look like the cars have turned into a load of dumped dirt, drifted round and driven out.

Matt

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well matt i took your advice and put it in to practice and hear is what we get.

here we have a picture of were i painted the track with brown paint to give a mud effect
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille

next i show the mound of dirt be for i plaster it Mesh Automotive design Flooring Pattern Natural material

lastly i put in place to take a look Ingredient Cuisine Food Dish Wood

i am not happy with the mound personally i think its to high also it needs more detailing on the color let me know what you think all comments much appreciated.

best regards nik

look fellas i have had a few decisions and the tunnel has to go i just need some opinions of what to put their in stead i was thinking of a rally tent prob subaru what should i do keep it or not

the corner in question is at the top left hand side of the track. Green Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Wood

if you need more pics or sizes just pm or post sugestions here

nik

Attachments

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Nik,
I really like the track, the tunnel is a good idea and looks really good - I'd keep it.

The "mound of dirt" looks more like a Great Dane poo and is too big - why didn't you like it the way it was?
Sometimes less is more.

Keep up the good work.

DJ

PS do you run the cars in both directions?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The mound is a bit untextured, maybe try sprinkling hot chocolate (the powder
) over it? (make sure its dark-ish) may add soe texture. the mud looks good though, instead of the horrible hazard lines.

the tunnel looks a bit out of place though, and maybe some gravel and an SCX rally tent would look better?

Also you may want to experiment with clouds in you back drop, it looks a bit blocky.

Hope it all turns out well

Matt

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.