Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most of you know Pfuetze and Datto have designed 3D printed chassis and gotten them done at Shapeways. I went to order some and when I got to the part where you place in your addresss and pay, they said they do not ship to post office box, only street addresses. I live in the boonies and we don't have street delivery. So I emailed them. They suggested sending them to someone who can accept street delivery and have them mail them to me. Unacceptable says I, No exceptions says they.
You just lost me as a customer.
What gives? Do these guys want customers? Are they too lazy to go to the post office to mail a package?
Very sad for the people who design and opened stores there so they can sell their products. NO SALES!!!
So you can do something. E-mail them and let them know of your displeasure at their policy. If they get enought e-mails then they may actually learn to take care of customers.
Here's the e-mail address

'Christel Hagens'
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Ted

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't know about Canada, but in the US they use UPS. I think it's a UPS policy not to deliver to P.O. boxes. I can send you a chassis, I have a couple on hand. They're all pre-production, they're not quite ready for primetime.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they told me UPS.
Having seen Peter's printed chassis and soon yours, my interest is peeked. I like the new tech and would like to get one of your chassis to try out. I have several rally bodies that I think will work just fine on them.
I'll pm you. Thanks
Me thinks the big loosers here are guys like you and Peter if shapeways won't deliver to po boxs.

Ted

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i don´t understand why i should be a looser because of this ...

in another forum the was the suggestion that you could ask the postoffice that maybe they accept the package when shipped to your name to the adress of the post office itself?

·
David J
3,182 Posts
QUOTE (pfuetze @ 4 Aug 2012, 19:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i don´t understand why i should be a looser because of this
I imagine it may be fairly uncommon for a customer not to have a postal address? Not something I have come accross much. Perhaps that's one disadvantage of living in "the boonies". Love that term, never heard it before, now I know what it means, every day's a school day. I though it was somewhere you wouldn't want to get kicked....

Hope you get your chassis though Ted, as for emailing shapeways and complaining on your behalf, I'll pass I'm afraid, fight your own battles.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (DJ @ 4 Aug 2012, 12:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hope you get your chassis though Ted, as for emailing shapeways and complaining on your behalf, I'll pass I'm afraid, fight your own battles.

Dang! And I thought I could raise an army.

I will get something, if not I can make more of my own, in brass and wire.

Peter: Don't you get a percentage of the selling price when the chassis sell?
If other people do the same and there are more people like me, then not only does Shapeways loose money but all of the designers and sellers do too, no matter what the widget is. It is my opinion that not offering shipping choices they are doing all their designers a disservice.
It has been my experience that for everyone that complains there are many more that won't say anything but they won't come back.
Perhaps we do things differently here in Canada, where the customer is king.
In all my time in the service industry I lost only one customer because I couldn't do what he asked, not wouldn't do what he asked!
Well I'm getting off this soapbox. It's only toy cars after all.

Ted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts