SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to pick this up on ebay last week, and am toying with the idea of new chassis (possibly metal), motor, gears etc - to make this a really nice car to drive on wooden track - any ideas or help would be great.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Cheers in advance,

Mark

Attachments

·
.. Leo A Capaldi ..
2,482 Posts
Hello Mark,
That's a Polistil car isn't it? They are quite small (underscale?) and the motor is very small so fitting something else underneath will be challenging. My interest is because I have the related Ferrari, Ligier and McLaren so would be tempted to copy your solution !!
They are quite quick as standard, only snag is that the tyres are unavailable and the small axle diameter makes replacing the wheels a pain.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Col,

Yes it is a Polistil car, I was thinking that the new Scaley Ferrari 312 could provide the wheels, but I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

As for the motor, I was thinking of the slimline small Scaley MotoGP motors. I will try and press on with this and post any results.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have a soft spot for that particular line of cars from Polistil.Problem is virtually all the components are a unique size!The cars themselves are only about 1/36th scale.The axles are indeed thin;less than the 3/32" most other manufacturers use.Replacing the wheels or tyres could prove a problem... You might have more luck if you can find any of the "tuned-up" cars/components.They used a faster motor,a different chassis and "air"tyres.I had some success using the motor and back axle from the hotter cars in the standard chassis.The tune up chassis is a bit of an oddball with the guide mounted in the middle of the car...the range was quite extensive-for instance,they made a Ferrari 312T2,312T4 and 126K turbo-you should have no problem finding a running mate for your Brabham!
Regards,
TED...

·
Slot King
2,663 Posts
In that range, Polistil also do a couple of nice Renaults, generally the early cars are the nicest ones.
The air tyres are not that good. I have had some success using tyre goop, but it does make a mess of the track

I believe Ortamn does tyres for these and other Polistil.

Joel

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
QUOTE (merkit the grof @ 3 Jul 2007, 06:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In that range, Polistil also do a couple of nice Renaults, generally the early cars are the nicest ones.
The air tyres are not that good. I have had some success using tyre goop, but it does make a mess of the track

I believe Ortamn does tyres for these and other Polistil.

Joel
I know I guy that can make you some wheels for these, and you could make the OD so that you can use 1/32nd tyres.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Ortmann definitely do the tyres for these cars. I've got the Lotus 78 in this series which is beautifully moulded.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts