SlotForum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well Golly G,

Thanks to all you guys for the kind comments, I can see the flaws in it but then I built it so it doesn't seem so special to me and also I am still working to develop my skillset at this malarky. I will get a pic of the chassis on SF so you can admire my carp soldering but its in the garage for a bit of fettling right now and I don't fancy braving the cold. Basically the chassis is a bit of 15mm brass strip with the lower suspension detailing on it and an integral rear bracket for the RD (Ranch Design) contrate. The front suspension is the most complex piece with square tube uprights drilled for 1/16" axle. I intend to use stub axles on this one so it leaves clearance for coil-overs at a later date.

Wheels and tyres are a bit of a mare because this era of racing is not well covered. To cut a long story short, I ended up with what is now Dart Hobby wheels (ex BWA) at 13" all round (hubless) so I could fit in suspension and Paul Gage tyres. Had a struggle to get the fronts the right size, but got there in the end by putting them in a dremel and using a sanding block. The 13" inserts with the kit fit these wheels with a little trimming.

Give me a mo and I'll get me coat and take a pic of the chassis.

Cheers

Mel

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Brrr!

I discovered some binding on the rear axle last night so went into the garage to try and fix it. Its cold in there and I never got it sorted so back in the house now and will stay here until it goes well above zero again. Anyway, here is the picture.

It might need a bit more fettling yet but that will be when it gets warmer.

Cheers

Mel

· Registered
677 Posts
Mel,

Isn't this car supposed to be on 15" wheels?

Front Wheels: 6 stud, Brabham wheel cast in aluminium, 8x15, tyres 10.95 inch wide Goodyears
Rear Wheels: 6 stud, Brabham wheel cast in aluminium, 12x15, tyres 13.10 wide Goodyears

http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/210/b...af595c48f24f3f7

This may help, get it right dude!
your excellent picture looks as if you have it on Penrose's 15" wheels already?

Chris

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Chris,

Eagle eyed as ever and with the facts to back it up, they are indeed 15" wheels - I just checked the packet that they came out of from BWA. Not quite the right width, but closer than anything else and hubless. Will be posting up on F1 builder when I find my password!

Cheers

Mel

· Registered
239 Posts
This is an experiment to see if I can use Photobucket which has quite a useful spoonerism to it.

Here we go with the complete BT24 although a darker skin tone for JB might look better:

and with the Honda at 'Monza'

Look out for these on the Portal soon

As I feared Photobucket no longer plays ball. Can someone enlighten me please?

Mel

· Premium Member
5,559 Posts
I reformatted the pictures for you. I am also struggling with the new Photobucket but what I did with your pictures was to go into your library, right click on the image, click on properties, copy address and paste it into your post.

The Brabham looks excellent.

David

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.