SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Here's a wee cracker that I picked up at Milton Keynes swap meet for a tenner.

A nice French Scaley BT44 that had a white livery which was in a very sorry state.

I stripped that off, downloaded an image of the Tamiya 1/20 scale Martini decals from the web. I resized them to 1/32 scale and Bobs your Aunties live in lover!

Engine block resprayed black and then dry brushed with a bit of silver to bring out the detail.

Repaint the driver, cockpit and windscreen. Helmet colours are Carlos Reutemann.

Hope you like it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks great....I'm very impressed with the engine detail, brilliant job. well done.
I was looking to buy a nice BT44 to do the same car and driver, Carlos Reutemann, and also a Ferrari 312T he drove during 1978 season....to many projects, too little time.....you inspired me. Thanks for sharing

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
have a watch out for ESPN Classic - if you have it - as they are running the 70's F1 races at the moment - watched Silverstone in 74 and 75 last night - was good

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch!

I've not got ESPN Classic, but YouTube do have a series of films from the era which I'll post later on for your delectation.

I love 1970's F1. So diverse with great characters and [email protected] driving!

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
It was amazing to see Carlos pace leading the 75 gp - for a while
in the very car you have done here ....

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Another really nice job Ian. Your work gets better with each car.
The engine detailing looks excellent.
I`ve always enjoyed collecting French Scaley cars.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Great videos Ian.
You really have made a difference to that car.
BTW. £10-you got a deal there!
Cheers,
Kev.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts