21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,737 Posts
The excellent restoration has brought back some memories. :cool:

As I recall the one I had handled abysmally. 😫

Reactions: Trisha

· Registered
2,030 Posts
I use Pendle’s rubber tyres, which work really well for me. The BRM is my favourite and the Shadow is pretty good too. The Brabham handles well considering how short it is, but I haven’t yet had any success with the Ferrari.
Mike

· Registered
655 Posts
Thanks, Matthew. I tend to lean more to the trad national colours for racing cars as I was brought up in an era that hadn't fully embraced commercial sponsorship.
I agree. Though a child of the sponsorship era, I prefer the look of unadorned racing cars. I have the remains of a Lotus 77 in a box somewhere and, if I ever get around to recommissioning it, it will wear the green with yellow trim of earlier Lotii.

· Registered
17,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A 77 in trad green and yellow is a project you really should do, Pat. It would look rather wonderful. I did one a couple of years ago in black (without gold/beige), but you've given me an idea, fools that we are...
Vertebrate Cartoon Gesture Art Hat

· Registered
655 Posts
A 77 in trad green and yellow is a project you really should do, Pat. It would look rather wonderful. I did one a couple of years ago in black (without gold/beige), but you've given me an idea, fools that we are... View attachment 327849
Well I've got to paint it anyway, as it's got a huge crack in one side that'll need glueing and filling, so it might as well be in something attractive.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts