SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here`s a lovely pair of Scalextric racers.
The Brabham BT49 & Williams FW07.
Both are in unused condition. Probably Scalextrics best releases during the early `80s.
This is the last pic on my Scaley layout for a while as I`ve just covered it up for the winter...Jouef season now!!

Cheers
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Airfix ones were very nice Driver. Only thing is my Airfix Williams has yellowed badly over the years!
Cheers
Kev.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice. There was a documentary on about Williams the other night. Frank heard that some Saudi Prince with a bundle of cash and a love of fast cars was in town, so he had an F1 car delivered to his hotel. The rest is history.

Can you post another picture of your Scalextric track? I need some ideas for the next wet Sunday race meeting and from memory yours looked very good.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Very nice.

On Frank's pitch I remember reading that the Prince is purported to have simply said "Don't worry, we will look after you." Did they ever!

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn`t know that about the Saudi Prince giving Sir Frank the money in return for an F1 car! Great bit of info!
Here`s an overview of the track for you Harry.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Nice layout you have. Looks fun. Two out of three of my favorite Scalextric track features in there. If the Le Man start had been there too you'd have had all of them.
Hornby should consider re-introducing the old goodwood chicane etc for us die-hard non-digital types. They still fetch good money on Fleabay so demand must be there. Be nice to be able to include them into the modern sport track so newer cars could use them. Deeper guides seem to snag in the old classic tracks.

The other Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The layout is 26 years old ,it was longer in the last house & had the LeMans Start in Kev.
I shortened the layout slightly when I moved house & the Le Mans start had to be retired.
I think you`re right about the re-introduction of the Le Mans Start, Goodwood Chicane & Pit Lane for the Sport Track system. Maybe the cost of re-tooling puts Hornby off?
Cheers,
Kev

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
A great track and set-up, Kev. Where are your "driver" positions?
Yes; the BT49 was one of Scalex's best. For one thing, it sat level, or flat, not nose-up like most of the other F1s in that range.
I've never had the Scalex FW07 but have had the Airfix version from new. Quite good too. The plastic on mine hasn't yellowed but the decals have.
The Airfix FW07, BT49 and Lotus 79 came in kit form as well as RTR.
Rob J

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That`s a really nice Airfix Williams Rob.
We normally sit just behind where you can see the red Grandstand roof, although in reality you can sit anywhere up the main straight because throttle extension cables are fitted.
There`s not one power booster fitted on the layout & it has zero power drop.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Great foto's of sweet cars.

I have been wanting to get a C138 Williams FW07B to do a C350 Casio Scalextric.
have two C350's both with broken front and rear wings missing etc,

Best would be a complete C350 but i never see one for sale and it is one of the very few missing as complete in my Honda Collection,
i know it never had a Honda engine but it has Honda as sponsor on it, so need to have it

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Jaak: I don't know if a car of a different colour would be of use but another of the same shape, using the FW07 shell (and I believe rear wing), was called "Grand Prix International". It was blue and red. Catalogue no. C351. The "Exchange Services F1" apparently had the same C number but was a relivery of the Renault.
Rob J

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Two fine looking cars.

I have the Brabham, which is sadly missing its rear spoiler. Would anyone know the best place to source a spolier from?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts