SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said in the other Brabham thread, Im about to build another Brabham, this time the BT50, that is a bit more easy to build than the BT52, and for that purpose the Williams Fw7 its a good base model.

Here the early steps of the project, some cutting, epoxy work and gluening some plastic tabs for making the body the closer to the look of the 1:1 car.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
For an old fogie like me it still seems a little odd that there aren't any cars from Brabham on today's grid. Ditto Cooper, Lotus and BRM.

Time passes, eh?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For an old fogie like me it still seems a little odd that there aren't any cars from Brabham on today's grid. Ditto Cooper, Lotus and BRM.

Time passes, eh? View attachment 281415
Before the arriving of the Nsr F1, almost all the clubs I know raced Scalextric F1 and it was fun to race that class, still does IMHO.

Thats why Im trying to build those not so common models, so that the grid becomes more alive, since it will become for sure a leisure class now that everyone is focusing in the Nsr F1, Scaleauto F1, Policar Monopostos, Policar F1 Classics and the new Policar F1 90's that have just been announced.

Although Im a speed junkie even in slot cars, sometimes is better to enjoy the drive and the car, let me put it this way, if they were Porsches I would love to drive a 911 turbo, but for the daily road car I would choose a Panamera for sure😀(burn me at the stake🔥 but also the Maserati Quatroporte could be a daily option).

Dont you agree Laurence? 😉

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Absolutely, Daniel. I love seeing all the beautiful F1 builds on the Forum. All are of great interest to me, whether they are highly detailed or straightforward repaints. Paradoxically, perhaps, we frequently race standard Scalextric F1 cars during our weekly meetings on the Mess, and enjoy them for what they are.

As for driving road cars nowadays...

In Britain it's impossible to enjoy driving anything for all the usual reasons, which is why I re-live my motoring days through slot cars, and choose to ride a bicycle each day.

Looking forward to following your progress with both Brabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts