SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are they wired up? i saw a car today that had a brakelight that came on only when the car was slowing down. how are these wired up? i have tons of resistors capacitors and stuff, could i build a set or will i have to buy some? perhaps someone with knowledge of electronics could help? hint hint baz

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
A good idea LS ! I will pass the info on, you never know!

So far, with my experience, the guys that make lighting kits supply them for around the price you can self make and the components are alot smaller and easy to fit.
Of course this does not apply every time but in general it works out chepaer to buy a ready made kit and for sure it is a hell of alot easier.

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Here's super simple brake light circuit. Works quite well.

"Kirkkaus"=brightness, less resistance, brighter brakelight. I'm using 68R.

Just one brake LED drawn to diagram, add another one parallel.

Julius

·
Registered
715 Posts
Is this the diagram you mentioned, LordJW? If so, cool!!

LED's only work on DC, right? So if there wer any AC current then it would be ignored, right?

-Maltese

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

Maltese, I referred to diagram at elicend´s Audi TT thread. Well I´ll just post new circuit drawing here.

More understandable brakelight diagram:

And regulator pinout:

Pictures are coming from Photobucket.

Happy soldering!

Julius

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
C´mon inte, that´s not the spirit how you grew up to be Sir Slotalot. Let us guide you to the way of the soldering iron!

Julius

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.