SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE Let's be honest, from a technical perspective, modern mass produced ready-to-run slot cars are hardly inspiring. In the main, poor handling is largely overcome by the simple addition of traction magnets. The motors are not particularly powerful and are toy-like, not suprisingly since they are gernerally designed to power battery operated toys and household appliances. Hence, the difference in handling between a sidewinder versus an inline configured 'ready-to-run' (r-t-r) production car is hardly noticeable. The difference in handling is however markedly different with Eurosport cars.

thanks for slammin the cars we buy...

QUOTE With modern "speed crazed moron" slot racing (1/32nd and 1/24th Eurosport), the reason for having a sidewinder or anglewinder motor installation is to optimise the gyroscopic effect that is caused by the rotation of the armature to aid handling. The gyroscopic force concerned is called precession, which is the reaction of a rotating mass at 90 degrees to the force applied.

whooosh! scuse me but that just went stright over my head

yes the rest does apply, so in theory I am driving my cars the right way just in the minority of the proper drivers?

Inte

· Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE Inte, I'm sure you'll learn all about gyros in College over the next two years

Two years?? I've only planned to 2 weeks in August next year!! the rest of that year is a mystery!

put it this way.. Feb-proposed wrexham thing
march/april- think about revision..
may - I can drive!

june - Jonny's event thing
july - (what was happening in july?)
august - holiday to s.france

soo..

Inte

· Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
so moo if you voted fast in slow out.. who voted for the last option? I had it down to you and Mr Scalextric of scalextricville scalextric lane scalextric land BR I only like scalextric

nope wasnt talking of mope at all there!

Inte

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.