·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Love that layout!

·
ParrotGod
11,090 Posts
Nice layout. My suggestions would be:

(i) to extend the back straight for the entire length of the table so that you can stretch the legs of your cars,

(ii) if you have one, add another XLC at the end of that back straight

(iii) move the power base on the back straight

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your appreciated comments.

If I extend the back straight, I'd have go for R1 corner instead of R2. But never mind a bit of challenge ! Both XLC will enable drivers to pick the outer lane.

I also added 2 curve crossovers in the infield to even the outside/inside lane choice. I reshaped a piece of the pitlane near the "Senna S".

Attachments

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Re the 2nd XLC coming out of the hairpin on RHS, it's too close to the corner so the cars will miss the sensor, a min 1/2 or better full straight before the sensor will mitigate this.

Thinking about this and from an aesthetics/flow point of view I'd be tempted to can the change and go back to your original plan for the RHS as you're not getting a long enough straight on RHS to let the car rip and given the LHS straight has only R4s this is where the power can go on and you let rip.
thumbsup.gif

If I had the extra 2 feet long-ways in my space I'd be very tempted by this layout, loads of space for scenery and no hassle with raised sections!

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Re powerbase location, possibly you could move the start grid up a corner and put the PB where you're current start grid is?

Do you have access around the whole track or is it up against a wall?

Gesture Font Drawing Bicycle part Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will be on the floor for the moment, and orientation not decided yet, but sure one side will be against some kind of wall or furniture.

I would like to keep the anti-clockwise direction of the race.

and if I place the ARCPRO there, the attached box will interfere with the pit lane. I don't know if we can use the ARCRO base to go in either direction.

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Yes, you're right, um, I forgot about the pitlane...

You could move grid up two corners and put PB before on straight before pits? Depends on access I suppose but you do have options given the space you have.

Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Serpent Font

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, we had our race this Sunday. Woaw what fun it was.

But because of a mis-calculation in my available tracks, I ended up with 2 right-hand (C7015) pit lanes and no left-hand (C7014) ones.
We couldn't use the pit lane when running anti-clockwise. Having tested the track in both direction, the anti-clockwise is more zestful !

An extra C7014 is definitely on my shopping list.

With the standard GT cars of the ARC platinum set (Mercedes AMG, Porsche RSR, Aston Martin and BMW), we were having laps of 8.5~8.6 seconds (clockwise)

I recommend this layout if you have the opportunity.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.