SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm here with another question! Tonight I'm going to buy a DS 200 laptimer/counter... finally... (It's quite hard to get one here in Belgium for the moment). But I don't know what I'm going to take... a light bridge or road sensors?

Is one thing better than the other? I heard once that road sensors could miss the white guides of slot-it. But when you have a light bridge and the car on lane 1 deslots and goes under the other sensor... Lane 2 has a very quick lap...

Or is it just visual? A light brigde doesn't look so real on a track... but I could hide it under a pedestrian brigde...

So what do you guys have and why?

Greetz

Gunther

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
With out a doubt get the bridge , we have use a light bridge at Pendle for years with out any major problem . As you point out the in-slot sensors can give problems reading white guides ,If you place the light bridge in a suitable position where the cars are unlikly to de-slot then the liklyhood of a car going through on the wrong lane is reduced , just remember a light bridge uses the entire car to interupt the beam an in slot sensor only uses the guide ,The only down side is if you run any high vehicles such as trucks they might not go under

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
got ot agree with grah on that one
at north staffs we have a bridge and have had very few problems with the bridge
apart from when somebody decided to use a fly truck and took the start straight a full power, there is not much left of the air dam on the roof of the truck now.
when we built it no 1 had thought of doing truck racing

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
Gunther,

No need to worry about another car triggering the wrong lane with the DS. It can be programmed with a minimum lap time-say half a second less than your lap record- and then it will not register any times less than that!

We have bridges at 2 of the 3 clubs I race at and I think the other one will change soon! We race just about everything, trucks included!

Mr.M

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Light bridge also for me OR

Induction loops! not seen, 100% effective and if you use the ones that come with 'Race Control' and have only two lanes, you get 4 in the pack so can place the spares for half way or sectional timing.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys!

I bought the DS 200 and the light bridge, and they work perfectl!!!
It gives an extra dimension in our racing... now it's not a 6.2 anymore... but a 6.2351...

Thanks for the advice!!!

Greetz

Gunther

1 - 7 of 7 Posts