Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all started a new thread

so then got board of my old track it just was not hard enough so here is my new one all made of tyco track .just got to wire it up and paint the lanes and fill it all like my last one
but if anyone in the bristol area want to pop in then give me a ring on 07834161633 my name is jon

let me no if you lot like it ?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Just curiosity then I guess

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Good thinking! They're excellently done.

The new layout looks good Jon. I thought you were switching to AFX track though?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that was the plan but i have so much tyco track it would be silly to change to afx i brought 3 crates of ebay for £20 and it had 6" bends in it and everything els apart from 15" bends and it had 12 cars in there two so i am sticking with tyco

·
Registered
437 Posts
The new track looks really smart, looks a bit trickier than the last layout. I love those Gulf cars as well, great colour scheme.

Jim

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks jimdo yes the track should be much more challenging and should be more fun with the stock cars as for my new shells they are almost to good to run but i am not one to have shelf cars so i will run them but only at the aehorc meets
going to wire it all up tonight and make shour it all works
and then later on in the mounth infill every thing like my last track

·
Registered
437 Posts
When you fill in the parts between the track do you just lay the track on the mdf, trace it then cut out the shapes with a jigsaw?

Did you paint up those yourself? I agree it always seems a shame to damage stuff that nice but it's no fun just looking at them!

Jim

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi there jim yes it is as simple as that and then trim were it needs it but i cut inside the line to leve a bit of room for raping it in cloth . i wish i could do shells like that i got them from the usa £15 each pined/painted/trimed i have tryed to do some my self but i alwas mess it up

·
Registered
437 Posts
Cheers for letting me know regarding the board. I have tried painting a shell myself and it's harder than it looks. I have just stripped all the paint off and am in the process of trying again.

Regards

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Take the dark glasses off this time

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You have no idea how lucky you are with a decent garage to store your track in. Just tried to put my board out and it is way too heavy. Two man job just to lay it out on the work horses. I definitely need to think it out a bit more. Whatever I do, borders and kerbing rather than in-fill is going to be the way to go.

£15 a shell seems quite pricey to me but to get two very nice bodies ready to race....if I could spend that on shells I would!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'm always so envious at how quickly you get stuff running! I've been talking about my track for several months and I've not even bought everything for the driver stations yet although it will be ordered by the end of the week.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gareth could you not hinge it on a wall like a fold down table so you could fold it up when not in use and fold it down on to one of the horse legs when you wont to play

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I really don't have the space to do that! My flat is very small despite being a two bedroom. I have space in the spare room to store the track up against the wall but if I laid the board out in that room you wouldn't be able to get round it. So I have to drag it through to the lounge to make it useable and there the board is pretty much the maximum I can fit in the space and still squeeze round.

The other problem is this is a rented place so mounting big brackets or pulleys could be frowned upon by the landlord! Still, I'm hopeful we can move to our own place later this year and then I can really get to work on a permanent layout and one for my newly discovered cool thing: Monster Trucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP0S49GbsRw...feature=related

1 - 20 of 102 Posts