SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning Bones, The track was built by Professor Motor (Andy Smith) I bought the track from him in June. I added an 8' section in the center, the white walls at both ends and moved the driver's stations. The track is made from 1/2" solid PVC 4'x8' plastic sheets. The two end sections were CNC routered but for the middle section I simply used a straight edge and a router. It doesn't have to be painted but each sheet is about 4 times the cost of MDF. The track also uses magnetic braid so the grip is great if you want to go fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just finihed wireing the track Sunday so I've only run a few laps but most Scalextric cars run laps of about 3.3 seconds. The fastest lap was with an NSR Mosler at 2.9 seconds. All of these cars have a 1.5 or 2.0 mm PM magnet added to the car. Bones what type of track do you run on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Graham for cleaning up my posts , I ran a few cars with stock magnets and they ran the same as on a SCX plastic track. Another disadvantage that I found with the PVC is that it is difficult to fill any holes that you make to match the surrounding plastic. With MDF you can fill the holes and then paint the track and the holes basically disappear. It was rather easy making the straight section that I added but it would be difficult to do turns with out the help of a CNC router.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually I live in Livonia ,Michigan and I live on Bristol Court road but pupkick is right the more famous reference is Nascars Bristol Raceway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.