SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 1/32 BSB Scarab Buick. I believe these were resin kits produced up until fairly recently. Does anyone know what came of this manufacturer and whether there are any kits still around? Still is registered as a seller on eBay, but no products. I'm interested in early/mid 60s specials, particularly cars raced in the USRRC series from 1963-1968. Anyone know of a source or have one they'd be willing to part with? Thanks

Here is a photo of the kit.

Font Rectangle Electric blue Plastic Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
re member
4,243 Posts
That looks like it was taken from a kit body.

Mr Penrose sent me a plastic one he had modified to scale dimensions for me to reproduce which I havent done at this time.

Maybe there is a demand?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how much of a market indicator I would be, but I'm interested. I'm curious how you are able to deduce this was cast from a plastic kit. UPC did make a plastic mid engine scarab in roughly 1/32. A firm called Lucky offered the same one. I believe Lucky produced it first.

On a related note, I saw you produced the Wolverine a couple of years ago. How did you settle on that race car? Personally, I think it's great to see the '60s specials produced. However, despite an interesting team of designers, it never performed well, and failed to finish most races entered. Changed hands several times and ended up on eBay completely dismantled. So, what drew you to it?

·
re member
4,243 Posts
The Wolverine was different and the master was carved by my friend David Mitcham who is a member here and it was essentially his decision to do it.

I pulled the levers and pressed the buttons once he had finalised the shape.

BSB bodies(as far as I could tell) were based from existing bodies with some detail tweaks to make them unique. The existing bodies were either plastic kit bodies or other resins in my opinion.

32-B13-F89-9222-4-E66-8539-40405-A7-FE29

C01718-E2-348-F-4378-A099-58-C6-A67-EEBA

5075-E49-F-8-DF5-4138-882-A-E4-C8840-B02

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
I spoke to the guy that produced the BSB bodies, I'm pretty sure they were all originals and not copied from anything.

I have a BSB Scarab unused which I'd consider selling.

I've also built one of those MPC bodies, I'll post pictures shortly

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts