SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· DT
8,026 Posts
The bandwidth is very bad here
and I somehow messed up the front page

I'll fix that sometime soon, but it may have to wait for me to get home.

I have lots of info and I'm sure we'll be talking for months about it. I've asked some of the Scalextric developers to contribute (apart from just monitor the forum) and if they're allowed, they will. Very nice guys.

The one big thing is that the Scalextric Digital is very obviousy a prototype and not working 100%. The SCX is quite fun, but nerfing rules and you need marshals at every lane changer.

The Scalextric software is stunning!
Think RMS x 100 and then even more. 3D everything, cataloging, databases, full race management and telemetry, Internet racing, virtual racing and Challenger stlye - race against the system. This is going to blow some of the competition out of the market!

· DT
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have found an internet connection in London at last - although I'm not able to upload my photos and text just yet - working on that.

I've written a full report on the Sportworld system based on the demo that I was given. More photos and some cool info to follow soon.

Keep tuned.

Regards
Doug

· DT
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just fixed the frontpage after a mission of reinstalling windows, internet, ftp and the whole works on an old machine with freeserve dial-up.

I'll get the reviews off my laptop and onto the server tomorrow. Hang tight.

· DT
8,026 Posts
QUOTE (Xlot @ 30 Jan 2004, 12:10 PM)Clearly, congratulations - slotadictos immediately put up a link - and I guess we'll have plenty to discuss in the coming days

Some things it would be nice to know, if possible :

- the LC actuator seems to be entirely below the track piece (I mean, I don't see a trackside box like for trains)
Yes, its inside the track. Small soleniod. Doesn't extend out or below the track.

- the actuator is powered by the rails (no separate wires apparent)
Yes, no wires to the power controler, power comes from the track. There is a wire from the optical sensor about an inch (2.5cm) before the LC device in the next piece of track.

- where's the car sensing device that fires the actuator ?
Optical sesor about an inch (2.5cm) before the LC device.

- AND, how does the car "talk" with the sensor ?
The car has a little LED under the car just behind the gride. I'll put a photo up soon.

If you manage to get this info, chapeau !!!!
No problem.

· DT
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
QUOTE (Xlot @ 1 Feb 2004, 05:14 PM)About ambient light interfering with the sensor, it's just a matter of trying ...
This is interesting.

I took quite a few photos as you see. On the Scalextric and SCX tracks, my camera flashdidn't cause a problem, but on the Carrera track, every time I took a photo, the lane changer was activated. The guy doing the demo didn't understand me when I said it was sensitive so I showd him by nerfing him off the track using my flashgun at the point when he crossed with another car on the other lane. It was quite funny. I don't think he really understood the product or how it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.