SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Whilst that is an excellent photo of the blue Camaro with the heading "Doug does Scalextric Digital" you haven't "done it" until you show a picture of the Camaro switching lanes rather than going straight on.

Ditto SCX and Carrera.

Its all a bit like bungee jumping really. Are we going to believe that you have jumped if you only show a picture of you standing on the platform?

However, to be fair I know that you are not thinking camera angles right now but "how can we sneek another session in on those digital circuits without anybody looking/knowing?"

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Its worth mentioning that Alan Smith now has coverage of the London Toy Fair at Slot Car Illustrated including his commentary on digital:-

Click here to go straight to the coverage, with more to be added later.

I am still amazed at the efforts folk are making to provide us with superb newsflow live from the show so well done again to all concerned and keep it up!

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Sorry that you are slightly frustrated Xlot at the limited information that Hornby are prepared to reveal but you will understand their reasons.

Rather than focussing on how it works, now that you have some limited information, why not focus on how sensor technology could be applied in the future?

That may well provide very useful discussion!

Moped

PS Challenger is one application of this technology.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
You will all be pleased to know that I have also printed off the photo of you guys having fun to show them at the show tomorrow! (Guys =
)

I will be studying it it in bed tonight and practicing my Digital hand grip!

(
= Moped practicing hand grip)

That should definitely help me beat Adrian tomorrow!

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
You surprise me Wankel. How did you have so much difficulty with your attempt to get a ticket. You club address is used for corporate entertainment so that is an eligible class to get you a ticket.

I had several spare tickets as it happened in various names so you could have used one of mine. In fact bearing that in mind ExCel security ain't that clever when you think about it. Worrying!

It was a good show and it was nice to meet people, Slotforum members, company representatives, old friends. I was hoping to catch up with Allan Smith but he managed to avoid me.

One of these days I will randomly turn up at Oxford, and maybe even Phoenix aswell!

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
My local model railway store with whom I have a good relationship offered to get me one as I do spend a bit of money there. I also ticked the "are you trade" box a few times in case one or two model railway folk who I know wanted to go (as it happens "Steaming Dave" came along!) And Hornby appreciated my efforts for arranging the internet racing over the last year or two and had a small gift for me as the feedback that they got was most helpful. Allan Smith wanted to meet me aswell but I could not make it on the Friday.

So really folk were throwing tickets at me from left, right, and centre.

I tend to have a reasonably positive, practical and constructive approach to life and some folk appreciate that. Now I must get on with sorting out my kitchen else the new fitted oven and hob are not going to be fitted when the gas fitter turns up tomorrow.

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
You will have to wait until I am next at Wrexham to find out Inte. It was a bit of a surprise but a nice one! Its going to remain a shelf queen for obvious reasons. And a Phoenix visit could well be on the agenda although I had to pass on going to the local club this week because of kitchen alterations and a gasfitter turning up on Saturday. Slightly annoying that so sorry I didn't make it Owen.

The next 12 months could be the most interesting 12 months in slot car folk lore as there does seem an aweful lot going on. Its beginning to make me wonder what could be on the agenda for 2005?

I am at the point where I am finding it very hard to work out what slot car companies could technically be getting up to next?

Have we reached a pinacle for technology or is there still more to come?

Carrera have introduced a "U-Steer" type of thing with their digital set up as cars can move from left to right because the magnet moves from left to right under the car. So is "U-Steer" about to return, complete with proper sterring wheel and foot pedals rather than hand controllers? And a miniture camera on the car?

Although to be honest I see SPORT World as having several years of development with further enhancements after its initial first year of release in 2005.

So 2006 could be the next really interesting year as all this digital thing needs 2 years to consolidate.

Moped

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.