SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BRM Stackpipe has a cool name in my opinion. Not to mention 8-crazy pipes making a wonderful, sweet noise.

Almost all are dark green or red. And rightfully so. I thought yellow might be an interesting change.

Toy Plant Tool Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Headlamp

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Sports equipment

Custom aluminum chassis. Professor Motor roller bearings, axles, and wire. BWMS050 motor with 10x23 gears. BWA wheels (Sadly no longer available. See RS Slots). Slot It guide. DArt tires, inserts, and body kit.

Thank you very kindly for looking.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Attachments

· Jim Moyes
6,528 Posts
I'm pretty sure there was never a BRM stackpipe that measured less than 6 inches either.
unsure.png

Come on Ken, get your act together !
biggrin.png

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The purists are a tough crowd. I know I wandered far from the path. But it was one of my first builds. I had fun building it none the less. It drives great!

The insert colour alone is wearing me down and will likely get changed. I figured this would get a reaction.
smile.png

My other choices for colour at the time were, Ferrari candy lime green, Maserati coral blue, or Matra camel yellow. I went with BRM bright yellow.
biggrin.png

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
Thank you very kindly Leo.
smile.png

Purists have to follow rules. My humble apologies... I am a rebel.
innocent.gif

Just about everything I build will have some twist to it. Just wait until you see my lime green Ferrari.
biggrin.png
My marching song:

That said, your excellent exposition on chassis building has sent me off on a new set of experiments with square stainless steel tubing (to be documented shortly) following this principal:

EM

· ---
53 Posts
Yep I agree with Autoavia (Tony). I have also painted slot cars and models in my own fictitious colours which is my choice as it's only a hobby with no rules as such and sometimes people tend to forget on here this is your choice and I see nothing wrong with it. If your happy with that then good for you. There's nothing wrong with something different. I actually like your Yellow BRM Stackpipe, so carry on doing what you enjoy. You can always build and paint another one in the correct colours.

Chris.

· Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very kindly, Chris Pomeroy.
smile.png
You are very kind.

You must have been reading my thoughts. I just bought this on Tuesday night. I paid a little extra for the straight exhaust you see above the stacks. Something about a red BRM driven by a guy named Lorenzo Bandini back in 1963?

Brown Rectangle Shipping box Packing materials Motor vehicle

Gesture Font Oval Circle Drawing

For the purists... I ordered another set of BRM inserts for the yellow BRM.
biggrin.png

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.