SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Im sure he can pick it up from you at the group c event... with julian not down tonight and a few others not down there wasn't loads down tonight, i still didnt mind it, need to up the power for the next round though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree Lee the power needs to be turn up a tad.

Good nights racing, I'm still amazed how quick they look when marshaling, apart from some cars which look really slow but have the same gearing as everyone else. My car takes about 4 years to get up to any sort of speed and about the same in braking and I'm not the only one that has motor issues.

A change of motor needs to be thought about, the BRM motors seem to be very inconsistent, we need a motor that provides better quality/performance and consistency between cars.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
The best option IMO is to use the open can boxers / scaleauto open cans 21k as we won't be using them after this year in sic and therefore we will have somewhere to use them , plus they have loads of torque so they shouldn't struggle to slow the cars down

·
Registered
163 Posts
QUOTE (Smudgyboy @ 11 Nov 2011, 08:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree Lee the power needs to be turn up a tad.

We were loosing about 0.9 of a Volt. This is about 6.5% of total power.

I'll compensate for this on the next round.

Neil...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Couldn't the lack of performance be down to everyone's motors being a little tired? They do have quite a hard life dragging that bulk around (a bit like Derek really
) and in most cases for a years worth of racing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 11 Nov 2011, 11:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The best option IMO is to use the open can boxers / scaleauto open cans 21k as we won't be using them after this year in sic and therefore we will have somewhere to use them , plus they have loads of torque so they shouldn't struggle to slow the cars down

I don't think this would be very exciting! Reason being...Boxer/Scaleauto open cans rev around 6k lower than the BRM lump.
The best choice really would probably be a 30k King

The downside to this is they're not cheap.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I was just trying to save people a bit of money , IMHO I bet you lap times would be identical If we ran it because of the extra torque and we could run them at 13.8 volts and there would be no problem .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts