SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Here is my selection of cars, the Blue car and the one to the right of it are the earliest versions which as you can see have the wire hoop for the roll cage. The green wire hoop is one of the 4 FJ cars that I was given as a kid, in the late '60s. I guess my folks bought it from an ad in the local paper or shop. I was a petrol head back then.
Those with the "plastic" rool hoop have a different guide/steerer than the earlier ones, funnily enough Mr Gilham does not pick this up in his books, although I only have upto the 5th ed.

The others I've acquired over the years, in total I have about 20 or so of what we loosely refer to as Formula Juniors.

I considered upgrading this to run in last Novembers "Half-Tonners", but the narrow rear end made it rather too much of a challenge. With Gasowders help I did a Porsche FJ instead.

I really should have a session on the motors in these to see if I can produce some runners.

Simon

· Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Kev you're spot on as usual, the later "rubber band" guide is much better so I intent to use a modified version of it with my "upgrades".
I'f I'm going to start slapping paint onto them and sooping up the motors , does it matter if they don't have the correct guide!
Now where did those rubber bands go that came off the spring onions.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.