SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Lovely model and build of in my opinion a fabulous car although from what I have read I don't think Ralph Broad was ever that impressed with BL's choice of vehicle and would have preferred the XJS excluded on the grounds of the distance between the front seats and the rear seat base rendered it not a saloon according to the rules.
Thanks for posting.

·
re member
4,388 Posts
Great result, good chassis choice too.
I am always happy to see a munter casting show up as a finished car.
The final weight of the shell is always a compromise because how do I know the intention of the builder? Is it a racer or a home track car or a shelf queen?
The shell provided is just a starting point for the builder who can lighten the shell if they wish.
The Jaguar body kits sold well at Gaydon and so more were ordered and are en route to the UK right now.

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Very nice build ,saw the real car race in period at Silverstone,used to eat it's transmission and I think it had to run wet sump which didn't help the bearings with the oil surge, a glorious failure.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had a good look around the Jag at Gaydon, It must be an animal to drive the width of the front wheels alone must give you a work out until it's
up to decent speed. Did make chuckle that it has a wooden dash. A little nod to being a Jaguar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts