SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
639 Posts
Just been confirmed, we will be slot drag racing on the 'ALL NEW' Pendle drag strip on Sunday 8th August.

The plan is the same as last year, club racing (1/32nd & 1/24th bracket racing) in the morning session and open to the public for 'Pendle Drag Strip competition' ( for the best ET - Elapsed Time) after lunch.

Would those interested in taking part in the morning session please PM myself or Dragrap, so that we can get an idea of numbers. There may be prizes involved!!!

As Dragrap would say 'get your drag boots on' and come to Brooklands on the 8th August for some straight line action.

Link to pics of Pendle drag strip under construction

Cheers

Steve D

· Premium Member
639 Posts
Regarding the rules for Brooklands - as bracket racing is about consistency and the driver, the weight rule of 90g will NOT apply on 1/32nd cars. Basic rules and technical inspection will still apply.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers

Steve D

· Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Nik, how's the cunning plan coming on? You'll have some tough competition at Brooklands!!!

Looks like we'll be starting at around 10.30am on Sunday morning so make sure you're there on time (and you Iain!!!)

Looking forward to the meeting.

See you all soon.

Steve D

· Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Steve, we had our first test session last night. The scale 1000ft strip was covered by the fastest cars in just over a second. I think 1.06 seconds was the fastest time clocked. The power is supplied by a 12v car battery. We are going to make a few mods but overall very impressed with how the track & software ran. Its building up to be a great attraction.
Sean

· Still Learning
1,074 Posts
QUOTE (Steve D @ 31 Jul 2010, 07:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Nik, how's the cunning plan coming on?

No cunning plan but from previous experience (Haynes) I know it is best to have a few options
The kids will have their Fly Racing Porsches
I think I have fixed the troublesome Nascar (SCX Pro floating pod fixed and brake removed)
The Fly Racing Capri will be in the bag
I have given up on the "hoppy" 46K Ninco Megane so I may transplant the shark into an MBSlot F430
Just this week a Scaleauto 38k FF arrived so I may find a little something to stick that in
and then there is the secret weapon.

So little time

· Martin De Ath
1,408 Posts
Hi there all..

I Had the chance to run a few of my cars on the new Pendle Drag strip last night (Friday) "great fun"

Nick and Rob have done a fantastic job on the track "well done lads"

I am sure all those who have a chance to try it at Brooklands, will be well impressed..

Here are some photos of my Drag cars, although the fastest car I had on the night was my NSR Mosler club car..

'55 Chevy, street/strip car.

"S'COOL" Drag Bus "Great Fun".

'63 Vette Wheelie Car.

· Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Not content with the strip as it was Nick & Rob decided to cut, rout, braid and undercoat 2 new sections yesterday.

An extra optional 8foot shut down section and a new revised end section with return lane. Top coat will be applied today.
The design of the end section & return lane is a big improvement and will hopefully work a treat. Looking forward to seeing this in location under Concorde now.

sean

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Must add my thanks to those already posted. Had an excellent day at Brooklands, Many bargains (listed elsewhere), and the chance to try them out on both the Scalextric hillclimb and the awesome drag strip. Normaly more into rally or LMP I confess to having preconceived ideas about racing in a straight line. WRONG!!
Apart from being beaten (Twice!) by 11 year old son it was really good. Clever timing system showed my cars were faster than Tom's, but he just got off the line quicker each time. Also drag cars on display were facinating and it was run by a top team.
Nice one
Steve A

· Premium Member
517 Posts
QUOTE (Steve A @ 8 Aug 2010, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Must add my thanks to those already posted. Had an excellent day at Brooklands
Glad to hear it.

QUOTE (Steve A @ 8 Aug 2010, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I confess to having preconceived ideas about racing in a straight line. WRONG!!
Oh, as so many have said before you:
"I couldn't believe how much fun you could have in a straight line..."

You WILL NEVER know what fun it is until YOU TRY IT

QUOTE (Steve A @ 8 Aug 2010, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Clever timing system showed my cars were faster than Tom's, but he just got off the line quicker each time.
Mmmm, worrying isn't it!!!

QUOTE (Steve A @ 8 Aug 2010, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also drag cars on display were facinating and it was run by a top team.
They are rather nice cars aren't they (especially the 1/24th examples) - And yes, absolutely a top team that continues to grow in size and stature at every meeting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.