SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have agree with the Brookland Track Museum that a small rail racing display will be on show at the museum, from the end of September. This will be a copy of the book some rail cars, a rail chassis and they are interested in the painting which was produced for the cover.

This can only help promote slot racing.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi David,
Yes it's a long term display with the cars changing every year. At least one new rail car is being built for this display, which should also have some retro slots in it.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to the Brooklands museum on the 29th to drop off everything, so it should be on display shortly after that.

I will using one of the superb Slot Classic Auto Union rail cars and Walkden Fisher GP Mercedes Chassis which will has not be seen since the early 60's.

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John,
I will also have one of the wonderful Austrailan rail cars and Lari's car in the display infact as many cars as possible in the space.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Slot Classic have kindly given two bodies (Ferrari 250GTB's) to be built in to a rail car, built in what is going to have to be record time by Steve Francis the very talented artist who paint the picture for the cover of the book, Who's work I can't praise enough.

The other shell is to be built up by David into a slot car. Thank You both.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today the beautifully restored Walkden Fisher Mercedes GP rail chassis arrived and I was able to test run the mechanics of this car which was thought to have last run around the middle of the 60's and was used by Walkden Fisher to win the 1956 GP Southport rail event.

This is the sister car to the Walkden Fisher sports car that won the Southport sports car rail race the same year that I also own. This chassis is going in the Museum display

As this chassis still has most of its original components like motor, back axle, most of the chassis would it be right to re-body it with a new body or better to leave it as it is?

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi John,
Yes it had been converted to slot but the front end was missing. This chassis has the chassis members with drilled out holes just like in Model Maker this is how we knew it was the Mercedes GP chassis.

The problem is we can't be sure if it is the number 6 car but the driver figure that came with it looks just like the one in the Model Maker picture of number 6.

It has a huge Pitttman which is now working perfectly. I am thinking of asking Mac P, to make a balsa body for this very important car when it comes out of the museum.

This Chassis came with the other sport car chassis in a box of what remained of Walkden Fisher's rail cars.

best wishes,

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.