SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone their contact number? I am experiencing difficulties with them after they took my money. In the Uk a web/internet dealer must supply contact information and have it displayed on their website. Brian at BSR Hobbies in Ohio does not.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The customer paid yesterday at 4:36 PM eastern time. I then asked him if he wanted the windows or the MAC version of the software. He replied this morning at 4:09 am eastern that he needed the windows version. Please keep in mind that we generally don't start for the day until about 9:00 am eastern. I then sent him the license key at 12:34 pm eastern as soon as I received it from the software developer. Not sure that I could fill an order much more timely than that for this type of order.

God bless,
Brian

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I have problems with distant selling, and I know its my fault, I have to remember that its NOT like going to the shops, these vendors dont actually have to have what it is they are selling in thier hands but can get hold of it EVENTUALLY, and they keep your money while you wait for THEM to get what you ordered, I think there should be some obligation for these people to have the item they are selling available When you pay for it.
Sorry problems on ebay cause the rant
Grumpy
Zen

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
QUOTE (zendragon @ 20 Jul 2012, 11:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>can get hold of it EVENTUALLY, and they keep your money while you wait for THEM to get what you ordered,
I think this comment is irrelevant & misleading in the context of this thread? Also have to say that my online experiences which are these Days significantly higher in number than in shop ones, are actually superior .

Rich

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 20 Jul 2012, 12:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think this comment is irrelevant & misleading in the context of this thread? Also have to say that my online experiences which are these Days significantly higher in number than in shop ones, are actually superior .

Rich

I'd say it was out of context! It appears the seller moved pretty quickly to me.

My experience of online buying is also good. I ordered an SCX Fiat 131 from Slot Car Supplies on Wednesday night about 11:30pm. The postman delivered it this morning (Friday) at 9:40 a.m. Postage cost - £2.50 !!! That actually cost £4.00 less than the fuel I use to visit my nearest slot car stockist !!!

QUOTE (CMOTD @ 20 Jul 2012, 13:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think an apology from Mustang might be welcome here.

With you on that one. Even a tiny amount of patience would have meant this thread wasn't needed.

Mustang - don't ever order anything on ebay from China - you'll have a heart attack with the stress of waiting

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
After the row about Granma .... I suspect an apology might not be forthcoming

·
Registered
34 Posts
Recently made a purchase from BRS and they were very prompt in getting the order filled and off to Canberra.

C57

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (CMOTD @ 20 Jul 2012, 13:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think an apology from Mustang might be welcome here.
Why?
You do not know both sides of the story. Their timings for my partner's transaction are incorrect. When the seller takes an order and accepts money to start imposing further conditions is not on.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Brian has given what looks like a detailed & timed log of events.

So Mustang if you want to continue this lets have the detail from your side? Plus what are these further conditions that have been imposed?

Rich

·
Registered
916 Posts
The customer who purchased the software is Nic of slot32.co.uk.

He implied that he was going to market the software so the only conditions that were applied to this transaction is that the software was to be used for his personal use only and not re-sold at his store. The time tables listed in my first response are correct and I have screen shots from my e-mail account to prove it.

I appreciate the support of the other forum members. It's nice when others stick up for you when another person is trying to throw you under the bus on a public forum.

I am an honest man and start everyday in prayer. Not that I don't make mistakes but I never would intentionally try to rip anyone off. This sale was completed in less than 24 hours which is a reasonable amount of time especially considering that each customer gets a unique license key that is generated after receiving the customer's name and address.

God bless,
Brian

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Honest sellers are much appreciated. It sounds like not all buyers are what they seem. When you buy software you are only buying a license to use it under specific circumstances as set out in the end user agreement. It is perfectly reasonable for the owner of the I/P to take reasonable steps to protect what is theirs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 20 Jul 2012, 13:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd say it was out of context! It appears the seller moved pretty quickly to me.

My experience of online buying is also good. I ordered an SCX Fiat 131 from Slot Car Supplies on Wednesday night about 11:30pm. The postman delivered it this morning (Friday) at 9:40 a.m. Postage cost - £2.50 !!! That actually cost £4.00 less than the fuel I use to visit my nearest slot car stockist !!!

With you on that one. Even a tiny amount of patience would have meant this thread wasn't needed.

Mustang - don't ever order anything on ebay from China - you'll have a heart attack with the stress of waiting

The item was intellectual and requires no physical posting.

As an ebay purchaser the goods from China normally get to me in less than a week. Some uk slot suppliers can take 4 months or more.

BRS have sent us what was purchased but I still do not like their method of merchandising.

" Welcome to BRS Hobbies, where your satisfaction is always guaranteed!

Experience the BRS difference with over 25 years of hobby experience "

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Come on Mustang if you are going to make a complaint on a public Forum you need to be clearer than this?

Your first complaint was that you were having difficulty contacting BRS Hobbies & that their website had no contact information, and yet a brief look on the website showed that it was all clearly displayed.

You seem to have received the product you purchased? What is it you do not like about "their method of merchandising"?

Rich

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
It sounds as if the retailer was asleep due to his time zone, and rather than wait a bit Mustang ran straight to his keyboard and fired off a post.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have dealt with Brian many a time and he really does an excellent job, never had a compliant with him. All transactions were fast, complete and well communicated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts