SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I put my Tyco f1 back together, when to fire it up on a 9 volt battery and realised the Brushes had broken. It look like about 2mm of the brush on both sides has broken off. Can i just extend the spring to make up for the lack of length?

Also how the hell do you get the springs and brushes back in? So far i have had to go on the hunt for the little sobs when they make a break for freedom when i try and get them in their holes.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (palros @ 9 Jun 2011, 20:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Help!

I put my Tyco f1 back together, when to fire it up on a 9 volt battery and realised the Brushes had broken. It look like about 2mm of the brush on both sides has broken off. Can i just extend the spring to make up for the lack of length?

Also how the hell do you get the springs and brushes back in? So far i have had to go on the hunt for the little sobs when they make a break for freedom when i try and get them in their holes.

Oh what joy! bring it to me and I will show you how, simples

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Victory is mine! I managed to get them back in!

My Tyco is now clean and running.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Good, not so hard after all

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (palros @ 9 Jun 2011, 20:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also how the hell do you get the springs and brushes back in? So far i have had to go on the hunt for the little sobs when they make a break for freedom when i try and get them in their holes.

The technical term for this is a "Ping, F....it"

I usually assemble a Tyco with a wooden block to hand which has two holes drilled in it to hold the brush holders vertical.

Has anybody explained the spare tyre trick to prevent the 440X2 traction magnets making a bid for freedom. Basically push an old tyco rear tyre between the traction magnets as you take the motor pack out. The tyre replaces the rear bulkhead and keeps the magnets safely in place. When reassembling the chassis, the motor pack / bulkhead pushes the tyre back out and the magnets have remained in place. Simples :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts