SlotForum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
Well it is a real box, just with another label fitted. The general (poor) condition of the box is not aligned to a mint car. And the blue dot which was obiously peeled off at some point to fit the new label has now come unstuck if you look at the second photo.

Trouble is if someone has messed around with a box, what have they done to the car? Maybe a Pinkcar with Scalextric hand scratched onto the base? Maybe a Dehavilland one painted? Maybe a Perriis one?

caveat emptor ......

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
That will be the multi-millionaire Germonio, well he would be if you add up all the value of his stock!

I'm worth tuppance ha-penny, but my assetts are realiseable

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
What always amuses me about these £puttelephonenumberhere ebay things is that having paid €250,000 for your eBay purchase they always want an extra chunk for postage!

I hereby promise you all that should any of you on SF ever buy a slotcar off me for a quarter of a million yo-yos I will fly anywhere in the world and deliever it to your front door for no added charge. Can't say fairer than that.

In all seriousness these things aren't auctions are they? They are basically cheap, worldwide adverts that run for ever and allow anybody who is interested to contact the owner and see what he wants for it.

Coop

·
Registered
307 Posts
Regarding the red aston martin marshals car detailed above,that car is an extremely rare car.

And it is in virtually perfect condition.

I have had two in red 3 in green,sold my last one for 1600 pounds. and that was unboxed.

I was going to buy it.But i bought another bond set instead.

The new owner obviously knows how rare they are hence the price.

Tim

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi, Yup that's the Graham Perris car I was referring to the "C70" but yes it is strange to see the C95 on the box. is that normal ?

Wow how's that RED Marshalling car 1000 quid !!!! Wooooo .wooo toot toot. It's a rare color and car & now it's also got a rare price

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
"Firstly, you can see the brushes are original. None of the remakes had brushes like that; and secondly, all 4 tyres have Dunlop engraved on them." Repro box
Fantastic! the tyres and the braids are the things that authenticate the car?

To my mind if the braids were original the copper would be dark orange tarnished or lightly green from oxidisation...

·
Pete Shepherd
1,697 Posts
The one that sold the other day is thought to be a resin copy, certainly looks like one. The seller has done a real number on someone as he was advised it was probably a copy but still listed it as original.

Be careful people!

Pete

·
Administrator
10,408 Posts
Well whoever bought it could always claim the description was inaccurate, for example it said that Hornby had 2 in their museum... they don't, the one and only one in there is a Pink kar copy.

·
Phil Smith
2,692 Posts
The first one that has sold for £2550 is, I believe, genuine, I wouldn't say 100% without actually seeing the car but from the pictures I would say it is, the description is nonsense!
It has some brown marks which I always like to see on a Bugatti, can't fake that in resin!

The second one that was unsold at £8795 is still unconfirmed as original, compare the two and come to your own conclusions.

·
Administrator
10,313 Posts
Anthony,

It's a lot like Peter Pan: it's real if you close your eyes and really believe you can fly.

A little fairy dust helps too...

Don

PS: that said, I really don't know anything about this model, its provenance, its pedigree, etc.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.