Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 - Visited as a Guest, Announcement forums not visible, logged in as self, Announcement forums suddenly visible

2 - When in a specific forum (e.g. Pit Lane), the Community Forums link takes you back to a page where the three lower forums (Announcements, About This Bulletin Board etc.) are not visible. YOu have to return back up to the top and delve back in to see these three.

Coop

·
DT
5,195 Posts
That's not a bug, that's just the structure of the board. It's divided into:

Information for Guests
Community Forums
General Information

The Guests see the fist one and Member don't, but they also don't get to see the whole enchilada of what's available in the Community Forums, Members do.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Have some screen errors on OS-X:

title bar:

the echo has made me clean my glasses and drink less, but I don't think it's meant to look like that;

on messages, the end buttons look like this, however big you stretch the window:

only if you scroll using the bar at the bottom do you see these buttons at the end:

generally love the new version, apart from the horrible 1980's folder icons on the forums!

cheers

Dave

·
Registered
317 Posts
I get the title bar problem occasionally. It only happens when the window is not maximised. I think it is something to do with the menu buttons (?) on the right hand hand side. No other issues though. I really like it!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Dave - Looking at the pages on my OSX using Safari, I can't see your problems. The wrapping of the menu bar is caused when the window is too narrow. I'll look at fixing that.

I do test this on Windows XP, Windows 98 and Win2000 using Firefox and IE (Firefox is much better and should be used by everyone). Also on the Mac OSX using Safari. IE on a Mac is hopeless.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Oh yeah, looks better on safari! At the moment I mainly use IE on OS-X - last time i checked it still had more general compatability with various websites than safari, but I might change over

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 13 Oct 2004, 12:09)Have some screen errors on OS-X:

<snipped images and description>

generally love the new version, apart from the horrible 1980's folder icons on the forums!

cheers

Dave
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Dave (et al)

I'm running Mac OSX 10.3.5 here.

Just for the craic, I loaded up IE and have found the window wrap errors too.

In Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Konqueror etc there are no page rendering issues at all.

As a general rule I use Safari day to day, and load up FireFox or IE for any misbehaving websites (usually the ordering section of GetSlotted site - on an entirely random random basis! - well if they will use .NET....)

Now that the new IPB software has been up and running a while, it seems to be more 'Mac friendly'.
eg it picks up the option to flag my incoming PMs more consistently.

So in short - the board upgrade seems to have been worthwhile from *this* user's point of view.

-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts