SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first of all ask as always apologize for my English,
The model I wanted to represent is the winner of the first Monaco Grand Prix at the hands of English so it's best to put it in a forum English.

Do not want to elaborate, from a kit from Airfix

Echo here with the body and chassis with brass rod.

Some details, such as belts and redo the cover glass, the pilot is a transformation of the art mini kit

Ready to paint the body

With a water filter radiator covers preparing the wire frame is 0.6 mm

Primed, sanded and painted with Tamiya English green, chrome accents, heated bronze, lacquer and a slight black wash, glue the straps. Ready to roll or the cabinet.

A greeting from Spain, I hope you like it if anyone has any questions try to answer.
Daniel

·
Dave Capelen
2,768 Posts
Congratulations Daniel

That is a lovely model of the Bugatti. Interesting choice of colour, but I must say I think it looks superb in the dark green, as on the Airfix box. Most people assume all Bugattis were blue.

Thank you also for showing us some of the lovely detail work.

Looking forward to seeing more projects from you.

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
That Looks wonderful!

I have one of these, part built in its box, I keep looking at it but so far that's all I've done.

Simon

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Superb piece of work - well done....

I second the question -how did you do the straps?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The buckles using very fine wire, straps Tamiya masking tape are the same as the bonnet, wheel straps have several coats of brown paint and a couple fuddle as well, then you just have to twist.
The color has given me a problem with my Spanish colleagues, having to explain that not all are blue bugatti but the model was green. You ask William Grover-Williams that
Thank you all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lovely! Where do the tyres come from?

Andy

Front of a Ferrari 356 rear Cartrix 21 X 7 to shrink by petrol.

Thanks Nuvolari I follow your work whenever I can
Saludos Daniel

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Very, very nice! An unusual colour and it seems to suit it. Lovely detail work, especially on those straps and on the radiator grill. Well done and thanks for sharing.

·
Peter Seager-Thomas
1,214 Posts
QUOTE (Graham Lane @ 24 Jan 2012, 06:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very, very nice! An unusual colour and it seems to suit it. Lovely detail work, especially on those straps and on the radiator grill. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Graham, it's no so much a choice of colour but the correct colour for the Williams car.

It seems Bugattis came in many colours for example red (Varzi) yellow (Juneck) and black (Seaman I think). A German owner also raced a car in white, not really surprising....

A nice car Daniel. Don't worry about your English, it's ok.

Peter.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Peter
don,t believe dick seaman actually raced a type 35 bugatti ,but I do think the tazio nuvolari raced a red one .
certainly the BRG for the williams monaco winner is correct as I beleive it was actually a works car . william grover williams was actually an employee of bugatti .It was painted green to make it look like a privateer car ,and since williams was half british they painted it green

Cheers tony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts