SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Pendle Slot Racing offers this really cool Bugatti body kit that's fairly simply to make. The manufacturer is Penelope Pitlane.

Rectangle Wood Font Flooring Metal

French blue seems to be the right colour for this car.

Boat Water Watercraft Green Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Custom aluminum chassis with an NSR guide, roller bearings, a BWMS 050 motor, and 10x24 gears.

Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Toy

Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper Electric blue Auto part

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Thank you very kindly for looking.

Tire Wheel Toy Rolling Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
3,642 Posts
Great car! Nice finish!

I have seen those aluminium chasis in some posts here at SF, would be wonderfull to have a tutorial or a guide on how to make a chasis like that.

Cheers

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are all very kind. I humbly thank you.

EM. RS Slots wheels and inserts. D'Art Hobbies urethane tires.

GDSlot. I'm pondering how to do it. I would essentially be giving a course in machining.

Trisha. Ironical number? How so please? It was one of the few open numbers on our database so I grabbed it to be original.

Gordon. Umm... the other 5-cars are outside the lens.
innocent.gif
I taught myself how to paint last July 2019. I painted 15-cars within a week. 3 went into a vat of Super Clean to be repainted because someone messed up. No names mentioned.

Cheers Andy!

· Registered
17,244 Posts
KRZ

To answer your question: the irony is that the Type 35 is Bugatti's most famous and successful Grand Prix car, so I raised a (benign) smile to myself that you have used number 35 for your beautiful Type 50B.

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm using RS wheels on a couple of 30's GP models currently on the bench. A note in passing: I use a body mount system similar to your with press-in brass threaded inserts. I my case, I use aluminum tubing of appropriate diameter. In some cases, the thinner tubing solves a clearance problem. The aluminum tube, roughed up with coarse sandpaper, is held very securely by two-part epoxy which also adheres well to the body resin.

EM

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great idea EM.

I often prefer using #207 Evergreen tubing with brass inserts and 4-40 countersunk screws. Cars have hit the floor without any damage. (Full fendered cars. Not GP or pre-war cars)

Where bodies are a bit tight for space, I use #205 Evergreen tubing with 2-56 countersunk screws.

When I reach an impass... I will try your suggestion EM.
thumbsup.gif
Thank you!

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Zyikes! I was new here when I first posted this.

Stunning photo, Laurence. Your photo library must be insane. Or, you simply have a talent to seek and hunt down these cool photos.
thumbsup.gif

I humbly thank you, Kev.

Ken

· Registered
17,244 Posts
Ken

You might like to look up Jean-Pierre Wimille. There is a memorial to him in the Bois de Boulogne close to where the above pic was shot. He died in practice for the 1949 Buenos Airies GP in a Simca-Gordini.

He was without doubt among the greatest of all drivers. Along with Robert Benoist and William Grover-Williams, Wimille fought with the SOE and French Resistance during the War and survived, which makes his death in motor racing even more ignominious.

Another Great in all senses, but largely forgotten today.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
I saw this very car at The Bugatti Trust Museum. It was on loan to the museum to celebrate its attempt on the adjoining Prescott Hill Climb. Fabulous car, wonderful museum and really nice very welcoming staff. Made my day seeing this car so close up.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.