SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Frank
612 Posts
Hi boys and Embs

Here´s my newest built on my workbench. Most of the bodywork is done. Next steps are sanding (a lot) and paiting.

Kit Matchbox
chassis Penelope Pit
wheels also
Motor scalemotor
color Tamiya ( favorites red or blue, not sure at the moment)

coments and critics are welcome as ever

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I love the Buggi. Recently had the chance to stand beside one ( and drool ) . Easy to forget how tiny they are. I know you'll do it justice Frank.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
You seem to have made the kit wrong Frank - its got 4 wheel arches still!!!

Lovely job. I love that car but its too early for my collection so i've never been tempted. Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Andi

·
Registered
229 Posts
QUOTE (conti_rowland @ 19 Nov 2011, 23:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...too early for my collection so I've never been tempted...
You should be tempted Andi, these Pre war cars have have got lots of technical details in the open and with your skills, this should be quite your cup of tea

Andi has quite a good point with the arches, Frank. Only the road versions had them, for GP driving those where seen as to heavy. or do you have a curtain theme up your sleeve?

Cheers,
Danny

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Well Danny you're probably right I should have a go but with one serious build a year i've already got at least two years of ideas to try beforehand....

On the wheel arches I didn't necessarily mean ALL of them!!!

Andi

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Frank...
Great job on the Bugatti type59, its coming along well....The Bugatti type59 is also a big favourite of mine..

Just in case you had missed a Posting here on Slotforum a few months back, showing the car, I have posted some photos of my race version, which I built for the Brooklands meeting last year.
I thought it might be of intrest to you, as the body is also based on the Matchbox plastic kit..

The Chassis is one of my Brass scratchbuilds, motor is a 30,000 Scaleauto, gears/axles are Slot-It, wheels are Penelope Pitlane, using PP wire inserts, 3 deep, to try and achieve that "Diamond" multi spoke effect.
I do have another Matchbox Type59 kit on the "To Do" list for conversion. I am going to build it as a road going version, with fenders/wings, lights, etc, like yours..

Good luck with the rest of your conversion, looking forward to seeing the finished car....

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

·
Registered
408 Posts
QUOTE (Kustomart @ 20 Nov 2011, 09:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi there Frank...
Great job on the Bugatti type59, its coming along well....The Bugatti type59 is also a big favourite of mine..

Just in case you had missed a Posting here on Slotforum a few months back, showing the car, I have posted some photos of my race version, which I built for the Brooklands meeting last year.
I thought it might be of intrest to you, as the body is also based on the Matchbox plastic kit..

The Chassis is one of my Brass scratchbuilds, motor is a 30,000 Scaleauto, gears/axles are Slot-It, wheels are Penelope Pitlane, using PP wire inserts, 3 deep, to try and achieve that "Diamond" multi spoke effect.
I do have another Matchbox Type59 kit on the "To Do" list for conversion. I am going to build it as a road going version, with fenders/wings, lights, etc, like yours..

Good luck with the rest of your conversion, looking forward to seeing the finished car....

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

Brother, that is one hell of car. well done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts