SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the last 2 weeks working on the 4th building for the village. I figure we are in Italy so why wouldn't you have a pizza shop ??

The building has three parts to it. The inside, the roof and the shell.

The railings on the roof are the same as the railings on the little verandah on building 1.

There appears to be a bit of trouble brewing in the laneway as local authorities have bailed up this young man. The goons on the balcony watch on.

The Petter Solberg fan club wait patiently for their man but sadly, he is out of the rally already.

·
Registered
81 Posts
great job, but.... the pizza prices should be in € or, if you want a very vintage look, in Lire (easy, just multiply the dollar price by 2000 and round it to nearest thousand... :)

Regards, Marco

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Very Nice............Nice weathering job on the buildings also.

I'd consider some additional roof detail (roofs are very noticeable since we view our layouts from a Helicopter) Roof vents, Chimneys of Brick, Metal, Spiral Pipe etc..........Garbage, Boards, tires, A Cat

Lots of things can give visual interest to a roof...........A Spiral Pipe Chimney with Guidewires is a Great feature as are Small Rooftop Billboards & some Antenna's!!
Have fun..Looking Goooooooooood

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Great job!

Can you tell us where you got or how you built the trees? (Age old question!)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

Marco - good tip re the lire on the pizza board and I doubt they sell Aussie Bob (Bacon and Egg) pizzas anyway.

Tileguy - good idea re chimmney's and other roof top ideas, althou tyres and cats I am not sure about.

Slot-O-Fun - the trees are woodland scenics in kit form. I bought a 44 pack of 4 to 6 inch pine armitures, some woodland scenics glue and 4 bags of various foilage colours. Very easy to make and on mass look good.

A small hole drilled into the plaster (ground) and they are held in with a bit of superglue.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Man! This is really taking shape nicely. The villiage is excellent! Nice job!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure thing Taxi, will organise a couple of overall shots in the next coule of days.

Good to hear from you Dave R.

I think having a smaller track makes you want to do more work on the scenery. I have had a track 4 times this size and it had lots of trees too but not the small detailed items like this one.

Funnily enough, the bigger track had a smaller lap time compared to this track. 6.8 secs compared to 7.4 secs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
A couple of overall photos as requested. Sorry about the quality but it is raining outside so the garage is closed.

Plans include 1 more building next to the pizza shop. About 50 more pine trees in the middle of the 4 roads, and a few up on the highest point. I found some paint brushes at a cheap shop but they are for wall paper paste or something like that. Anyway the bristles are soft, long and look like tall grass so i might get a few of those and have some long grass on the side of the road.

Might do some work around the water hazard. Depends how the rest of the track looks. If the realism continues to go well I might do the water with one of the products like jmsws has been using so i don't have a great looking track but poor looking waterway. Anyway thats the last thing on my mind. A lot more homies too, I feel they add character to a track and rally fans are pretty crazy so you need some of those guys.

A few little things, like street signs, corrugated fences and maybe somewhere for some diecasts that I have bought.
Thanks for watching.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.