SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I wrote "Built With Passion" one of the main aims was to use the book royalties to raise money for charity.

To this end the First run of books will be twenty copies to be sold off for a children's cancer charity. I will also be selling the first Slot Classis Auto Union built No1, this is my own car and is of historical improtance as the first rail car built by a slot company. and one of only 13 made and two of which were kept by Slot Classic for their own collection. If a higher enough offer is not made this will go on ebay as a last option.

All offers are to be emailed to Sean at Pendle Slot Racing, please help me to make a difference to one person's life though these items.

How it will work is the highest offer will get book number one and so on each book will be signed and numbered I/20.

RR

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
HI mate, e mail and we can work out a charity event to be run at Phoenix if you wish. Run it this year where every penny plus a donation from me will go to the charity. I`m sure the guys would support this and it`s a good cause. Close to my heart with me Mum falling victim to Cancer in September.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Should have added that I offer the use of Phoenicx cos I asked you earlier today where you race and you race at home. Plus we happen to be in the Midlands so not too far for anyone to travel. cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jonny,
Richard and I are planning to drive from Land End to John o Groats visting as many slot clubs as possible on the way to raise money for this charity,
we would collect cheques from the clubs and compete in one race doing this depends on a car manufacturer providing a suitable vechicle, as well as other factors.

RR

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sounds great and I wish you well. If you get stuck for a vehicle I have a good contact that may be able to help. We meet on Tues or Thurs (adults that is) so when you plan to come this way consider yourselves booked into the Jonny S hotel for the night guys. You will be very welcome to stay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok John You are on, as we will at least need two days to get to Scotland so the Midlands would great and we can spend the evening racing.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Release, From Round Tables Children's Wish.

Round Table Children's Wish

Round Table Children's Wish, a charity that has been 'granting Wishes to children with life threatening illnesses' since 1990, are thrilled that Jeff Davies has offered the proceeds of his latest book 'Built With Passion' to enable them to continue their work.

Jeff, one of the world's leading authorities on 'Rail Racing' is leaving Lands End on June 2004 to drive to John 'O' Groats, on route he will both promote his latest book and raise funds and awareness for RTCW.

Visiting the Pheonix Race Way and the Pendle Slot Racing Club among others on his journey he will also be meeting up with members of Round Table, whose organisation started the Wish granting charity some 14 years ago.

Members of Round Table are delighted to meet up with anyone who supports their charity, and are especially looking forward to meeting Jeff, who is determined to raise enough money to enable RTCW to grant a Wish for a child from the northern part of England, who is suffering from a life threatening illness. The Wish will be truly the child's own, and Jeff is especially pleased that he is able to help in this way.

RTCW has granted over 700 'Wishes' to date and with the help of people such as Jeff Davies these special children, who cannot take growth into adulthood for granted, and their families, will have some special memories that will last forever.

More information on RTCW can be found at
www.rtcw.org
or e-mail [email protected]

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
If you call in at the MRE shop on your journey I'll happily donate a prize for one of your races.

I'd like a copy of the book one day as well please, do you have prices and availability please ?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If we dig you out of moth balls you could always come race and present that prize yourself Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary,
Please come to the Phoenix evening event the press are going to be there and race with us.

Best wishes,

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Below is the Date and Towns for the Journey for RTCW event,

21st June
Cardiff -9.30 - Photo call and radio broadcast.

22nd June
Lands End, Penzance - morning 8.30am - Photo call

Taunton or Bridgewater - lunchtime - photo call

Abergavenny - afternoon - photo call

Redditch - Phoenix Raceway - evening of slot racing - photo call

23rd June

Chester - morning photo call Southport - lunchtime - photo call

Colne -(Pendle Slot Racing Club and Shop) evening - slot racing evening - photo call

24th June
Carlisle or Penrith - lunchtime - photo call, Glasgow (Hamilton) - evening slot racing - photocall

25th June

Wick or Inverness to

John 'O' Groats - photocall.

I would like to every club involved some where along the line.

RR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts