SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the first copies of the book on the history of rail racing Built With Passion will be on the Pendle Slot Racing stand at the Milton Keynes swapmeet. with over a 1000 pictures to choose from the book has taken long to edit than I thought it would.

RR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have still to wait for the first run of books to be printed and shipped to me. So they are not ready quite yet but it coming nearer.

Nuro I am keeping your copy until you vist!!!

No, I have no plan's for them to be on Amazon.

RR.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They got bookshops in the Amazon...whatever next!

Seriously, I`ll take two copies. One for my shelf and one for the Phoenix club. Fantastic. Well done it`s not easy getting anything published nowadays. Look forward very much to getting stuck into a good read.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This book was written to promote slot racing so it will be avaible from Sean, the best slot racing retailer in the world without queston.

RR.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
And we learnt about it on the best slot racing forum in the world...just to keep the advertising on a balanced level!!!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Oh sure... make fun of the Amazon... next it'll be jokes about the Great Lakes area of Canada....

Congrats on the book, RR!!
A very important piece of our history preserved with a modern publication by one of the best sources of information!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to agree with jonny s, I have really enjoyed being a member of this Forum and I think Doug and Allan and everybody else has done a wonderful job.

Slot racing has always been so much more than just about the cars, it's the people that count.

RR

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
If I didn't order one already - count me in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Russell,
In the proof copy of "Built With Passion" (which I final have in my hand and it looks great) is a picture of a slot car race were they are racing Morris 1000 red and White so somebody is making them!!

The book will be a Milton Keynes for inspection but some of the picture captions are wrong these will be corrected before they are printed.

RR

·
Registered
420 Posts
yes - I agree - it is something to look forward to - a great achievement. Now where should I order a copy... mmmm

//peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Firstly I would like to say, it is quite possible there will only be one small print run and if so there are not going to be that many printed.

It's a great book if you want to know all about the people that started rail racing how and why rail racing and slot racing started. It also gives a great picture of life in 1950's Britain.

Sean will have the books when they arrive from being printed in America.

RR

·
Registered
714 Posts
Printed in America!

Books are HEAVY - this is going to make it quite an expensive purchase in America.
I wonder if there is any way to avoid a DOUBLE trans-Atlantic trip for West banks of the pond based purchasers?

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Jeff,

Your book will have a prominent position in my library. It will fill an important part of the evolution of the hobby that we all love so much.

I'm sure that it was written with passion. It will be passionately read!

With kind regards

Russell

1 - 20 of 21 Posts