SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Built With Passion"

A great book on how in the 1950's in Britain rail racing got started and then spread all over the world, this lead directly to slot racing. The book explains in good detail how diesel rail racing lead to eletric rail racing with some great interviews with some of the peolpe who were their at the time, it shows how rail racing could have devolped had it not been replaced by slot racing with hundred of coloured pictures showing chassis detail on rail car both diesel and eletric. this book is a must for anyone who is interested in the history of slot racing. More details are aviable on the Pendle Slot Racing website and the VSRN website the book is due out toward the end of this year.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I can't wait for this book to come out! I expect that this book will be a classic that you'll be sorry you missed when the short printing run is finished. Will you have signed copies available?

·
John Roche
4,233 Posts
I'm looking forward to the book too. I went to the fisrst Brooklands Revival as a spectator as I had never seen a rail car or track. After that I had to try building a car for the next race. i'm hoping that Jeff will organise a race meeting to coincide with the publication of the book as my car hasn't run for a while.

You can find out more about rail racing at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.davies4

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
This is one of the few topics I have somehow managed to miss since we started the site.
I just happened to be raking around Pendleslot and, as usual at this time of year, listing the odd book that I could treat myself to for Christmas, when I noticed this one and the poor old brain managed to link the Author's name with Rail Racer.
So, welcome Rail Racer - this one is going on my Santa's Wish List now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.