SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Greetings race fans!

There has been some rather interesting slot conversions recently which involve models of Public Service Vehicles. The idea of slot bus racing was bandied about both on SF and at various slot clubs. In light of this it was decided to hold a World Championship race, but only two entrants showed up; Difflock and GRAH1, gentleman racers both.

Well, the World Championship race for Slot Buses was completed last night (8/7/04) upon the hallowed MDF of Slot Tech. The (in)famous Slot Tech Party Wagon driven by Difflock... ME! (owner/driver) was challenged by the newcomer Dickie Bendy-bus Spielzeug driven by GRAH1 (owner/driver) to a 5 lap event. Stopping to pick up passengers was optional, but both drivers decided to utilise this option

I was slightly nervous, having seen the bendybus in practice - the "trailer" part of the bus could be persuaded to swing out far and wide. A hefty obstacle indeed and I didn't fancy the Party Wagon's chances in barging it out of the way despite the large amount of ballast carried. The bendybus had magnatraction to aid its progress. I was on white lane and GRAH1 used yellow lane.

Once the lights went off, the Party Wagon proved the old adage that there ain't no replacement for displacement and two motors + 4WD are the way
. However, disaster for Dickie as he de-slotted at the hairpin at the end of the main straight. As there were only two of us racing I chose to stop to pick up passengers whilst mickl ably marshalled the long bendybus back into its slot. Being the gentleman racer that he is, GRAH1 was shouting GO ON!... to me , but in a similar gentlemanly fashion I waited until the bendybus was moving again before resuming progress. Had there been more entrants, I may have had Blakey after me for not taking any prisoners ...erm passengers! (Blakey? remember UK 70s sitcom, On The Buses? He was the Inspector
)

Plenty of fishtailing action was demonstrated by both vehicles, but thanks to me not pushing the envelope I won by one lap
I also got the fastest lap of 11.111 seconds. I must also add that mickl insisted that the Party Wagon stop at other occasions (he held it back!) so that he could try and take some overtaking shots (possibly the idea of the bendybus nerfing the Party Wagon off the track was on his mind!). This next photo, however shows a view of the bendybus which the Party Wagon rarely saw

A great little fun event which was an excellent proof of concept for the Dickie Spielzeug bendybus. GRAH1 will return....

Mark.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
I knew I should have brought one of those Tram kits back with me from Hong Kong!

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
800 Posts
Good racing. I haven't found anything locally but when I come across something it'll be converted too. Maybe Bus Proxy Racing has a future as a sideline to regular proxy racing. Sure would be bigger shipping containers

I don't spend enough time in toy stores, maybe that's my problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts