SlotForum banner

But will she float?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  highwingpilot 
#1 ·
I designed and printed this 1/64 scale boat tail car. My favorite car of all time. Complete with picnic basket, serpent horn, and custom spoked wheels. A friend built and painted her. But will she float? Or fly?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

Font Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Metal

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
splendid and so many "souvenirs" with the movie and my Corgi model ..... thanks a lot !
Corgi recently reissued the larger scale model in honor of her 50th anniversary (a year late). Might still be able to order them - comes with the full four figures unlike the earlier re-release. I bought one for each of my kids. Also have two of the 1/18th SEG collector models. My favorite car, since I first saw her in the theater. I originally modeled it for use in the flight simulator X-plane. As a private pilot, I thought it would make a cool addition to the hyper-realistic flight physics game/sim. To my surprise, she actually flew - virtually, but the physics could be made to work!

#6 ·
That is so cool. I have been wanting to build a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang slot car.

Can I pay you to print me one in 1/32 scale?
Sorry, she's just a labor of love. It's far too time consuming to print more - I've only made a few kits for family and friends. There is another guy here on SlotForum who did or still does make a 1/32 kit. I've tried to reach out to him through his website to get one myself. But haven't heard back. Check out his thread. https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139466

#14 ·
She runs on an N20 can motor (same as the AFX Mega G+ chassis), but can also fit the 50% longer N30 "big block".

She can be set up to run with braids (my preference) or wipers that JAG hobbies sells for use in the old Tyco Pro chassis, as well as my HWP-SL2 chassis and custom Lotus 33 cars.

The traction magnets, like on my SL2 chassis, can be tuned with grub screws to adjust the amount of down-force.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Hood

#13 ·
Thanks Mike, it took a ton of time. But a great learning tool for 3D modeling, and a labor of love. I think the only guy who doesn't like Chitty was the man who designed her, Sir Ken Adam (of early James Bond films fame). He reportedly hated the car.

#19 ·
Chitty Bang Bang (only one Chitty) was a series of real card built by Count Zborowski and raced at Brooklands.
Yep. He’s actually mentioned the original book by Ian Fleming (author of James Bond books). His book is not much like the movie. It’s more like a Bond spy adventure for kids. Very different from the musical film. I wish they would make a faithful film version of the book. Both would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.