SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Hehe , well I doubt it in this day and age of high volume Limited Eds but....

I picked this up cheap (CHF 50.-) without the box top and with a slight scratch on the nearside rear panel.

It is the latest Carrera Limited Edition Evolution..

A Chevy Camaro Super Stocker...

Those wheels are going ..

The engine bay is already on the cutting room floor along with the front grille and the lights..

The reason I bought it is that there is a Custom Dragster Event in 1/32 scale coming up here in Switzerland very soon (hehe - I lost the details but trust I will find them again in time) and this is to be the basis for my entry at the 16 Metre long track.

Pics of the conversion will follow.

So, apologies to the Carrera Purists for the desecration to come but think of it as one less survivor for future generations of Carrera Addicts, therefore the others will be worth more?

PS: Thomas this is going to ALMOST as much fun as cutting up the Carrera track for Suzukas Pit lane!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well Alan one way to look at it is- It is not a limited collector item per-se any more, it will now become a one of a kind item, even more valuable, even if only to your self. Have at it, I love them one of a kind cars. I have many.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
STAGE ONE....

Full width grille instead of the street one and lights, bottom spots will be for lighting of some sort...

Rear wheels and tyres grew a little...

They are whitepoint wheels and tyres, sitting on SSH axle and bearings. Inserts are the remainder of the Carrera wheels (I cut them down) but need some painting to get rid of the OTT chrome look.

erm.. yep, they got alot fatter too!...

The tyres need truing and profiling still.

Power and gearing, not decided on final ratio yet (ideas for drag racing anyone?)...

Gearing is by Sigma.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
STAGE TWO:

In typical Dragster style it rips up the straights but can't handle corners

Some stats (still not done playing with gear ratios):

Weight: 130Grams (Body 32Grams)

Bench Test:
12V ----- 9090RPM - 11.7metres per second (Top Speed)
13.5V --- 10700RPM - 13.5 Metres per second (Top Speed)
14.8V --- 11,340RPM - 14.9 Metres per second (Top Speed)

ScaleAuto 35K motor

Sigma Gearing 10/34 ratio

Still toying with the idea of a faster motor, better gearing and a swing arm with less weight so it can lift its front off on take off...depends on time I guess.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Why be boring at the Egg Boring Summer Event?

Rules for the Drag Race?

1) Has to be 1/32 scale and no wider than half of a section of Carrera track.
2) Max 3 Amps draw (can take more but will limit the car anyway if over)
3) No crying if it breaks, I hate grown men crying.

Easy enough for everyone?

Extra prize for best car, going on build quality/design/innovation and imagination, voted for by the attendeees on the day as usual.

Proxy entries allowed but no responsibility taken for damage - its a drag race !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts