SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not to sure who on here buys from the USA. But this maybe of some interest.
How long have any of you UK bods waited for a package to arrive from the USA?
Me, 7 days or more. Minimum.
Untill today....................
So, what a surprise to hear that a package of mine. 2 jars of paint will be posted out to me on the 28th. Dec 2011.
Today is the 31st. Dec 2011. And what should the postman hand me. YES, you have it. a box with 2 jars of paint.
3 days to get to me. From Amityville, NY. to Southampton, UK . No horror story there then! StD post by the way. $9.60
I can recommend EAHOBBY, RAY. Thanks.

·
Administrator
9,786 Posts
I've been receiving packages from the US (to France) for nearly 30 years, including a good 13 or so years via ebay, and mail service is... highly variable. I get most packages in 7-10 days (via regular first class international, uninsured), but I've gotten a few in 3-4 days, and others in 3 weeks, a month, 2 months or even 3 months! (once, the record, thought it was long lost).

Just got one that took 3 weeks, while other packages sent about the same time took 7 or 10 days.

Depends on the alignment of the stars, time of year, your post office branch, etc. The insured packages are not necessarily faster, since they have to go through the insured packages section in your country's post office - but at least you're covered in case of loss.

All in all I've had very little loss over the years, and stuff eventually arrives, but did have two bad patches: one from the UK, losing about 10 small packages over a period of a month or so (before I could react), and the other from the US, where 5 or 6 packages went missing, again over a period of about 2 months around Christmas/New Year's. I used only registered mail after that, until things got back to normal.

Be grateful for ebay, Amazon, etc. - if they weren't around our post offices would be disappearing even faster than they are, and you'd be paying a lot more to FedEx or UPS!

Don

·
re member
4,131 Posts
Being across the other side of several ponds I am at the mercies of the Gods and stars that Don described.
For packages from the US I have had them show up at various times...the longest at five weeks had me thinking it wa a goner.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, you guys have really got it good then. I'm on the the same Continent ( West Coast of Canada ) as the U.S. and for 9.50 U.S. I get no tracking or insurance ,it takes two weeks to get anything shipped to Canada. Of coarse one has to take into account that the Canadian Postal workers only work Monday to Friday and not on weekends. I now that it has to clear Customs to enter Canada so thats a holdup, but then it's the same situation for you guys over there. I once waited 3 weeks and thought i would never see the slot car i purchased from the U.K. but it did arrive. I average 1 to 2 cars and or parts packages a week mostly from the U.S. and have yet to lose a car in the mail. However i have had one damaged in shipping. Just thought i'd share this experiance with you from a different side of the world. Robert V.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I normally have to wait several weeks, saying that amazon.com shipped two cars on 24th, these arrived via the regular postie on 30th, 6 days including two bank holidays is amazing.

Another point,1 car was damaged beyond repair, amazon are shipping a replacement and tod be to keep te damaged one fr spares. Excellent service, although this is the 3rd carrera in as many months tat has arrived from various suppliers DOA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts