SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Nice shots BWA

Isn't it amazing how much better the Merc looks with the front wheels following the curve.

Is the Lotus pin guide or loop braid or non standard? I can't see a flag guide near the front.

Cheers Mr.M

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Unfortunately i ran out of time to finish mine so I sent a donation instead as its a good cause. My slots season is just about to start. Perhaps it would be better (for me anyway) if the Marconi was run in spring so I couyld send something I built over the winter. I thought about sending one of last winters builds but they're all a bit battle scarred.

cheers,

John

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE Is the Lotus pin guide or loop braid or non standard? I can't see a flag guide near the front.
Car is original pin guide with standard type trailing braid.The only real change,is, my wheels and inserts and Ortman tires on the rear.And paint of course,this was an ugly Red one.

For those of you that don't know,these early"Clamshell"cars had the pin almost a quarter of an inch behind the front axle,making for a very short guide lead.These cars deffinately drive differently.

It will be a little bit out of breath on the straights for sure,but,I think everybody will be shocked at how quick it is in the Twisty bits(So long as they don't screw up the braids on me).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts