SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for mosfets to arrive for my C7005 chip repair I have begun rebuilding some GT3R Porches only to discover that two of the C7006s inspected so far have HRN/ST 05(?)20 and HRN/ST 1014 microcontrollers - on somewhat differently populated boards.

These cars have rather dim, grotty little smd light bulbs wired to the motor. Hence my plan is to flash the chips with INCARPRO and add upgraded lights, including the brake light feature, wired directly from the chips.

This should be easier than on the C7005 chip as programming pads are present on the C7006 boards.

However... I cannot find a spec. for the HRN/ST microcontrollers on Google, and so am unable to check the programmer connections pins and required voltage.

So please:

1) how do I identify and set these chips up in MPBLAB IPE in order to programme them with PICKit4?

Thank you!

· Banned
6,404 Posts
Hi K, if the decoders are on a C7005 or C7006 they will be Microchip 16F630 but labelled HRN which I think means pre-loaded with Hornby firmware. The PICkit should recognise them as 16F630 microcontrollers.

c

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
The same µ-processors are used in the Slot.it range of SSD chips ....... they even have the same white band on them as Scalextric ones. Probably something to do with the fact that Scalextric supply them.

Reactions: slotterkeith
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.