SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This is kind of an old topic but I was wondering if anyone had found a way of fixing this;

I have the old C7030 with PB-Pro+A 1.8H firmware and Simpel-H.

But.... I also have that irritating problem with cars not being counted when they cross the sensors. I thought I had fixed it by placing the PB at the very end of the main straight - just before an R2 right turn and also raised/tilted the track upward a few mm. so that cars are pressed a bit down when they drive onto the PB track piece - but no: I had a small race the other day and we drove with a couple of cars with magnets placed in the second slot (just next to the motor) and in the right lane it didn't count the cars. The problem was that the cars were so fast that they could go through an R2 turn with almost full throttle and that the rear part of the car is held to the track by the magnet instead of the front of the car which probably makes the guide stay a bit high on the track.

So - the questions is: Did anyone find a better solution to this? Is there a better hall sensor out there and why the heck is the powerbase not just counting the car when it receives the ID? I am not in the mood to change to the new PB7042 as I also have the lap count tower which AFAIK doesn't work with the new PB. I also use a 600W PSU to drive the PB and lights which is awesome as I never have connectivity issues around the track.

Extra questions: Are there any difference between the sensor tracks from version 1.2 to 1.5 of the C7030? Mine was born as a 1.2.

Sorry to bring this topic up again but it's really frustrating.

/C

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Speed was never a problem, I remember some of the testing we set up tracks to check that you could go flat out and it still count.

I would suspect a fault in either the blade sensor board or the ID sensor board

The sensor hardware was unchanged from 1.2 to 1.5

The breaking of the beam on the blade sensor triggers the system to grab an ID from the ID sensor board. There is a separate processor dedicated to this on the C7030 and we left well alone when we changed the main processor code.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is definately the bladesensor that is giving me trouble. If I lift the back of the car 2-3 cm from the track and push it over it still counts the correct car so detecting the car is definately not the problem here. I really don't get the whole idea with the bladesensor - why was it there in the first place?

Riko: Regarding the placement of the PB it is to have the cars brake when they get to the PB so that the guide will drop as low as possible while driving past the blade sensor and not to have them pass it slowly.

Is this bladesensor sending a special pulse or how does it work and are there any replacements for this part?

/Christian

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Disassemble the track, the blade sensor consists of 4 parts, an infrared LED emitter, an infrared sensor, a plastic base between the two components and a cover with slits in to give the right sized beam at the top of the slot. If the cover is dislodged and light is spilling around then the sensor wont see the blade at all.

I may have some bits in my box

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not that it doesn't work at all but it is fairly often that some cars are not counted.

I have tried to raise the sensor as well by removing some material from underneath the track and also adding some pads underneath to press it upward which apparrently didn't make a huge difference. :-(

Can it be the sensors that are just worn out some how?

/Christian

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
After you have ensured that the blade sensor board is fully seated in the highest possible position, try blackening with felt tip the rails in the slot around the blade sensors to reduce reflections.

Then all the other old tricks. Put the Powerbase in the braking zone & ensure there is a slight rise in the track piece. (Pencil under the track on the far side in the direction of travel).
I am assuming you are using black slot guides?

Rich

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't tried blackening the other parts. That's probably a good idea. I will see if I can cut out some more material to make the sensor board go a bit higher and then put it all back together again. In all other concerns it really is a nice powerbase.

Thanks for the tips and fast answers guys :)

/Christian

oh.. and using stadard scalextric guides :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again

I am actually starting to think that it works now. I took of a bit more material off on the underside of the track. I then painted all the shiny bits black and then dusted off the sensor it self. I might be that dusting the sensor did it all together. Afterwards are drove a few cars with and without magnets at full throttle past the sensor and they all counted as they should. A little race with the guys will tell me if this has fixed the issues all together.

Again - thanks for sending me in the right direction :)

/Christian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts