SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having 1 of those funny 5 mins planning my permant track (please see tracks and scenery
) and I would love the option to have a small control centre separate from the PB.
My PB will be separated from the track but I was hoping to hide all bits away.
Any thoughts, has this been done?

Thanks
Darren

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
Its been done many times, just cut off the track and extend all 10 wires.

Think about getting PB-Pro code on board your C7030, a million reasons to do it. Needs to be version 1.5 to be cost effective though...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply.

I've found lots of info for people separating the track from the PB, but what I want is to seperate the screen and buttons from the PB, to mount them in lets say the top ok a keyboard for an example.

By what I can see the ribbon cable would need to be extended and button contacts moved/extended

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 27 Nov 2011, 01:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Think about getting PB-Pro code on board your C7030, a million reasons to do it. Needs to be version 1.5 to be cost effective though...

Yep 1 st thing on my list, 2nd is pit pro 3rd is MS mod using 4PB?
Can't for the life of me figure out where those instructions are comming from

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Sounds like you would be the first to separate the buttons from the PB.
Most other people just separate the PB from the track.
Let us know how you make out.
Good luck!

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My ultimate goal to to have 1 hidden power box containing both a 6 car PB and a 4 car PB with 1 set of power leads comming out.
The buttons look easy to extend, but if I'm not mistaken the display is a 16 way ribbon, I can quite easly cut the ribbon in half the seperate the indidual cable then join them with some cat5 well 2 sets of cat 5.
I'm concerned about signal depravation along let's say for argument sake 4m.
It will all come together in the new year when I should be able to get out of the planning stage.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Why have both a 6 car and a 4 car PB in the box?

I would have thought of using a C7030 6-car for digital and a separate analogue PB so you can toggle between them, as has been done before... now you want to remove all the buttons.

This we will have to see!

Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (sealevel @ 29 Nov 2011, 03:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why have both a 6 car and a 4 car PB in the box?

I would have thought of using a C7030 6-car for digital and a separate analogue PB so you can toggle between them, as has been done before... now you want to remove all the buttons.

This we will have to see!

Cheers!

I'm going to be doing the MS mod, and thought it would be neat and tidy to put them both in box together with a bit of fan cooling! And then have just 1 set of power cables comming out going to a distribution block or running a loop under the track tacking taps off every 2' or so, then the whole power box can be hidden.

Anything not needed on the PBs will be removed ie the controller ports on the 4, basically leaving a PB mounted in a project box.

I want to remove the buttons and screen then mount them into the top of the keyboard for the control centre. So in one place you have everything neat and tidy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 29 Nov 2011, 09:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry but what is "the MS mod"?
Master slave mod

QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 4 Jun 2007, 22:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As with the normal MS mod, this mod is to give you significantly more amps on the rails. That will give more performance and allow the track to cope with 6 cars without any interaction between cars. It involves connecting 3 wires from a 6PB master powerbase modified according to the MS mod link to a second 4 car (4PB)powerbase, disabling the throttle input on the second powerbase by cutting two tracks. The throttles on the master then work the second slave powerbase as well as the master, doubling the current output if you add one slave or trebling if you add two slaves.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
If you're going to have your powerbase upgraded to PBPro then I would go the whole hog and get the SH power upgrade!

I know it costs a bit more but it saves messing about!

Or the alternative is to get a new powerbase and do the "simple" power mod on that.

Just my thoughts!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (ss67 @ 29 Nov 2011, 11:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you're going to have your powerbase upgraded to PBPro then I would go the whole hog and get the SH power upgrade!

I know it costs a bit more but it saves messing about!

Or the alternative is to get a new powerbase and do the "simple" power mod on that.

Just my thoughts!
I can do the ms mod for free as I have 3 toshiba power packs knocking around.

Last time I checked I'm looking at about £70 for the SH upgrade and around £100 for the APB.

It's all about allocation of funds

Do I spend £70-100 on a new PB or upgrade o do I buy my self some new cars and use what I've already got

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.